spotting today :(

StranjeGirl

First time mommy!
Reaction score
I'm no stranger to spotting, but hadn't had any in over 2 weeks. Today after a bm I had pink/red spotting. That was first thing this morning and it seems to be mostly gone now. I was especially worried as my pregnancy symptoms were greatly reduced yesterday. They are back today, but the nausea isn't quite as bad as it was the previous week (but worse than yesterday) I do have a sensitive cervix so I hope its just that. If it were the start of a mc, would it be getting worse instead of better? Or not necessarily? I know I could go in for a scan, but have no one to watch my 2 year old. Ugh I hate early pregnancy! Btw I had a scan 1 week ago and all looked well.

I had spotting all the time after a bm with my son because I had an irritated cervix. I think you're fine, honestly but only because it happened to me on more than one occasion. If you were miscarrying I would assume it would be getting worse but don't quote me on that. I never bled with my miscarriage until the day I found out with an ultrasound. If you are not cramping and the spotting has stopped, I would personally contribute it to the bm and call it a day.

Also.. are you sure it came out the front? Lol sorry to be graphic but maybe your backside was bleeding if you are constipated? I don't even know if you are. lol it is just something the doctor brought up to me.

Thank you! It's always reassuring to hear positive stories. It was for sure in front, but I do know I have a cervical ectropian which tends to bleed. I had random bleeding through last pregnancy because of it. It's just weird because I haven't had any spotting at all the past 2 weeks, even with straining a little at times. Thank you for the reassuring story!

if it would be a mc, there would be no getting better once that process is started, so i also second the pp and say it is your cervix! fingers crossed and the stickiest babydust to you!

I agree if it was a mc then things would eventually get worse, although with my mmc I spotted brown and it totally stopped for two days, then came back again but the blood was more red so I new at this point something was wrong.

I think you'll certainly know if something isn't quite right, but spotting is perfectly normal in early pregnancy i would try and relax if your not experiencing any pain or more blood I'm sure you'll be ok. Keep us updated x

Thanks ladies! It had disappeared last night but then I woke up to bloody discharge this morning :( however it is tapering off again. This is exactly what would happen in my last pregnancy. It would start first thing in the morning and then slowly fade. I wish my body was normal!! Thank you for the replies and support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->