Spotting

Loulou04

Reaction score
hi, I went to drs today to tell them I’m pregnant but when I went to toilet before I went in I was spot bleeding, this is the 3rd time I’ve (spot) bled and it’s starting to worry me, my head was in daze throughout the appointment and can’t really remember much of what she said. I woke up this morning and all symptoms had gone so I did a test I had left over and it was positive but it would still be positive anyway wouldn’t it? I’m so nervous this isn’t going to end well with my symptoms going and keep bleeding. Was wondering if anyone had anything similar and everything was ok? TIA x

Spotting is common at this stage. Is thus your first baby/pregnancy? If you’re worried call and ask to speak to your midwife. Symptoms often do come and go early on. Many people experience it. It’s hard not to worry. But remember your medical team are there to help. Don’t struggle if you’re worried. Good luck x

No it’s not my first I didn’t have any bleeding before, I don’t have a midwife yet as too early. Dr just said wait it out and see what happens basically as too early for a scan too. I think she said if I keep spotting (not probably bleeding) then they can refer me for a scan in a couple of weeks but that seems ages to wait when you don’t know what’s going on x

Hi hon
I wud say If it's just spotting and it's not heavy then ure prob fine. Theres a few ladies in my October bumkins thread and I remember some of them spotted in the really early stages I e also read that weeks 5 6 7 and I think 8 its quite common to spot. Something to do with the cervix having alot more blood and being sensitive.
If the spotting starts to get any heavier or you start getting bad cramps then go and get it checked out.
I think the fact that ure pregnany test is still positive is a really good sign.
I've had 2 very early MC at around 5 and 6 weeks and with them my very faint positives turned into negatives when I re tested a few days later.
I hope that gives you some reassurance sweety. I hated it at the start of this pregnancy I was like a nervous wreck.
Were here for you hon

I spotted in my last pregnancy around 5 weeks. Mostly dark blood and not heavy, but certainly enough to notice and worry. I had a scan at 6 weeks and she was fine ;) I would say if it's not bright red and heavy then you're probably fine. Best of Luck!

T
Hi hon
I wud say If it's just spotting and it's not heavy then ure prob fine. Theres a few ladies in my October bumkins thread and I remember some of them spotted in the really early stages I e also read that weeks 5 6 7 and I think 8 its quite common to spot. Something to do with the cervix having alot more blood and being sensitive.
If the spotting starts to get any heavier or you start getting bad cramps then go and get it checked out.
I think the fact that ure pregnany test is still positive is a really good sign.
I've had 2 very early MC at around 5 and 6 weeks and with them my very faint positives turned into negatives when I re tested a few days later.
I hope that gives you some reassurance sweety. I hated it at the start of this pregnancy I was like a nervous wreck.
Were here for you hon

Thank you so much, no one knows I’m pregnant so I have no one to talk to about it (apart from OH but I don’t want to constantly worry him) xx

I don’t know what happened there but thank you so much, no one knows I’m pregnant so have no one to talk to (apart from OH but I don’t want to constantly worry him) the bleeding has stopped again for now so will just see what happens xx

That sounds like a good sign. I had brown spotting at 6w5d that lasted for 5 days, well into the 7th week. Everything is fine for me now and I'm 9+5. I never had any cramps though and I think it was just my cervix that was irritated if I had to guess. No spotting since luckily. It is terrifying to see.

That is a really good sign hon that ure tests are dark. Any decline in HCG will start giving u fainter results. That's how it worked with ne with my early Misscariges. I never ever got a very dark result.
Cant say the same about the Misscarige I had at 10 weeks and 4 days because I only tested the once with that pregnancy and didnt test again. I was only young and didnt really understand much about HCG.

I’ve started spotting again a little bit more than normal but still not a lot, I have felt nauseous today tho and boobs have been sore, I just don’t know why I keep bleeding. If i carry on spotting over next couple weeks I think I’ll go back to drs and ask for a scan if they will do one as it’s really making me worry every time it happens I’m waiting for the pain and bleeding to get worse. It’s stressing me out xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->