Squat toilet and its benefits

When I went to Hong Kong there were some squatting toilets, I kind of felt like I couldn't relax when I used them as I'm so used to using a seat. Can't imagine reading a book whilst pooing in one of those haha!

That's a good point - when we were camping a few years ago, I tried to squat behind a tree and just couldn't relax enough to go. I'm sure if you're used to it it's ok, but I just felt like I was squished and very constricted. I squat alot to get things off the floor, out of cupboards, etc, but my brain wasn't happy to go to the loo in that position (although the cold wind on that partic attempt may not have helped! Brr!)

Oh, and don't squat on a standard toilet in an office! It breaks the seats. My old office had a few toilet seats broken, and it turns out one of the other staff was standing on it and squatting down to go. Could you balance on the rim? :haha:

I'd heard that toddlers normally choose to squat to poo, but my LO stands bolt upright :shrug:

Mine (19 months) always squats these days, but he's half Japanese, so maybe it's in the blood ;)

I agree that someone who has to strain to go should probably look at other aspects of their lifestyle (diet, exercise) rather than get a new toilet!

I always squat over public (seat) toilets. It's definitely not the same as squatting over floor toilets though. I'm used to it, because I grew up in Germany and had to squat outside behind a bush sometimes as a kid. This is illegal in the U.S. though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->