Stage 3 Endometriosis at 23

msc

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

After numerous pelvic ultrasounds and an MRI over the past 7 months I have what the gyno believes is Endometriosis. I have an endometrioma on my right ovary that is at least 5.2 cm and have been advised to get it removed. I also have fibroids on my left ovary. At this point I am not sure how extensive the disease is but I am worried about fertility. According to what the dr has said, I am stage 3 possibly stage 4. I had horrible abdominal pains and nonstop bleeding for months. The only thing that has helped is a change in diet. I am no longer in pain and feel quite normal aside from the stomach bloating. I really prefer to wait 2 years to have a baby but if right after surgery would be my best shot then I am prepared to try sooner. Has anybody had experience waiting about 2 years after surgery before TTC? Or waiting to have the surgery closer to when it would be preferable to have a baby (or would the Endometriosis spread making things worse)? I know each case is different but any input is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

I don't have personal experience- sorry your going through this! I do have a close friend that was diagnosed at 18 and had to have surgery and 1 ovary removed- she was told her chances at conception were slim to none- and she went on to have 2 babies soon after!!! So yea... no matter what you are told, just know that stats are just stats and don't mean much to you personally- everyone is different and each situation is different.

For now- have they put you on the pill? My SD also has endo- not diagnosed through surgery, but by ruling out other issues - and the pains got a lot better once she went on the pill. Not ideal- but might be something to help regulate if you aren't on them already. Least until you are ready to TTC.

Sorry I've no better advise. Wishing you the best of luck!

Thank you for the reply!

My first Dr did put me on the pill when it was believed that I just had a normal ovarian cyst. Unfortunately, with that making menstration regular, they cyst actually grew. I was even more miserable on the pill than when I stopped taking it. I since decided that I am trying to keep off of the artificial hormones and resorted to dietary changes. I feel great and have no pain unless I eat something that I am not suppose to have.

Like you stated, I am afraid to take bc again but if that is the only way to help prevent the endo growth before I am ready to TTC then I guess I will have to.

I think everything seems worse because everyone I know has a baby or is pregnant it seems. I hate feeling "broken."

Thanks again for the reply. I love hearing the success stories. There is hope :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->