Stained Simplex? HELP

melissalynn

Noah's Mum!
Reaction score
I am SO frustrated!! My simplex diapers have been staining SO badly lately. I wash properly, I do not have buildup and I rinse them out in cold before I put them into the wetbag.

I hate having such stained diapers. Does anyone have any tricks up their sleeves other than sunning them to remove stains? I plan on throwing those bad boys out on my deck first thing in the morning and letting them sit out there all day in the sun. I am PRAYING that it makes a difference.
If it doesn't does anyone have ANYTHING?

I bought some used diapers (15) and inserts (30) that were quite stained and dingy from years of use, and I soaked overnight in hot water and about a cup of peroxide (and dishsoap but I was doing a strip as well). The next day I washed/rinsed everything out and sunned them while they were wet. I also sunned them the next several times I washed them. The stains were gone after the first wash, though they are still slightly dingy (compared to my 8 month-old diapers :)).

You can use a bit of stain remover if you want, just make sure you rinse it out properly before using them again. I prefer 'eco' type ones as I don't like chucking nasty chemicals down the drain - sometimes they take longer or another go to work fully but that also means they're gentler to fabrics so I'm happy with that.

I've never been particularly bothered about stains unless selling nappies on but have you tried a liner to catch poo? Some babies just have poo that stains really badly or sometimes it can be a particular food or stage (like teething) or illness. Liners can help - I like washable ones best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->