Stamped in my tummy...will baby be ok??

lumpybumpy

Reaction score
Hi Ladies
I'm just looking for some words of advice and hopefully reassurance. My 2 1/2 yr old climbed into bed with me this am then jumped really hard on one foot and landed right above my pubic bone while I was lying on my back. It's never hurt before when she jumps on me but this time it really did and I have been getting cramps down below and a sort of numbness too and at times it feels a bit like a stitch from running. Help?? My sensible head says that at 5wk 3d the foetus is so protected that it shouldn't be affected but these sensations I'm getting definitely feel different. Typical it should happen at the weekend so I can't even call my epu. As if I haven't got enough to worry about already as my last pregnancy ended up in an ectopic and the 3 before were m/c.

Ooo hunny you poor thing, don't really know what to say, i did fall and bang myself pretty badly on the pubic bone a few weeks ago and had bad cramping/stretchy feeling there for a day but went for scan the weekafter and baby was fine with H/B but then i've got LOTS of extra padding already so that will have cushioned me. If you're worried about it give hospital a ring ad see if they can check you out. Would hate to advise you wrongly as i'm not a medic but they do tend to be pretty robust and protected at this stage. Hugs and hope everything is ok xxx

It should be fine sweetie as your uterus is protected by your pubic bone at this stage. Give your weekend doctor a call so you can set your mind at rest (or call NHS Direct).

Seriously, if it was that easy to cause a miscarriage unwanted pregnancies wouldn't be such a big problem in the world :( I know that's an odd thing to say but hopefully you get my drift.

:hugs:

Thanks for your advice ladies, I should prob call NHS 24 but I know they won't scan me till Monday as all my m/c started at a weekend. I'm not carrying any extra weight and it felt as though her foot sort of went in and behind my pubic bone if that's possible. I'm not bleeding though and it happened about 12 hours ago now so FX.

Im sure everything will be fine. Just lok after yourself and try not to worry too much and you're going to be sore being stamped on een if you werent pg :) xx

Awww hunni, abit of reasurrance the same thing happened to me when i was pregnant with ds2 and ds1 lept on me and litrally stood up on me and walked and stamped across my belly it really really hurt! and i was even further on, and obviously everything was fine! there is so much padding at this stage... but to put your mind at rest i did the same and rang epu and they scanned me. Im sure all will be fine sweet x

I don't believe what your daughter did could cause any harm to your bean. Right now your bean isn't much bigger than a poppy seed and it is so well protected that I just don't feel what your daughter did could cause any harm.

:hugs:

:hugs: I'm sure like the others has said your baby is really well cushioned and well protected, certainly wont stop you worrying though so ring epu in the morning and just explain to them whats happened and I'm sure they will scan you to check and for your reassurance :hugs: xxx

Hi Ladies
Thanks for all your advice, I phoned the epu this am and I'm going for a scan on Wed but mainly because my last pregnancy was ectopic. I think I'm ok after being used as a trampoline as I've had no bleeding just very tender still. I'll let you know the results on Weds!

Hope your scan goes well :) your tummy is probably tender from all the stretching going on inside :) thinking of you xxx

Glad they are going to scan you hun.
I'm sure all will be well! :hugs:
xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"