Stanley and ... thoughts on our list please!

hinkybinky

Mum of 2
Reaction score
So we've finally got a list - DH went through the baby book and wrote down all the names he liked, I narrowed it down to the ones I can live with. I am resigned to not *loving* the name but thinking it's fine. After all, I was never 100% on DS's name until he was maybe two! Here is what we came up with. Surname begins with an 'O' which rules out any names ending in an 'a' for me. Also any names beginning with B (BO!).

The more I look at some of these names the less I like them. Seems like a really odd and disparate list of random names!!

Anyway, any thoughts appreciated :)

Stanley and Abigail
Stanley and Alexis
Stanley and Amelie
Stanley and Edie
Stanley and Eloise
Stanley and Evie
Stanley and Frances
Stanley and Georgie
Stanley and Jaimie
Stanley and Jeannie
Stanley and Jennifer
Stanley and Josie
Stanley and Maggie
Stanley and Molly
Stanley and Penelope
Stanley and Phoebe
Stanley and Roxanne
Stanley and Sadie

From that list I like Eloise and Edie best and think they both flow well with Stanley.

These are the ones I like:

Stanley and Abigail (Abby)
Stanley and Alexis
Stanley and Maggie
Stanley and Molly
Stanley and Penelope

I think you should search for a name you love though! Don't settle! Maybe you write down the names you love & let your husband narrow it down instead. You need to LOVE your daughters name!

I think the names you've listed that end with the "ee" sound would all sound nice with a last name beginning with "O."

So we've finally got a list - DH went through the baby book and wrote down all the names he liked, I narrowed it down to the ones I can live with. I am resigned to not *loving* the name but thinking it's fine. After all, I was never 100% on DS's name until he was maybe two! Here is what we came up with. Surname begins with an 'O' which rules out any names ending in an 'a' for me. Also any names beginning with B (BO!).

The more I look at some of these names the less I like them. Seems like a really odd and disparate list of random names!!

Anyway, any thoughts appreciated :)

Stanley and Abigail
Stanley and Alexis
Stanley and Amelie
Stanley and Edie
Stanley and Eloise
Stanley and Evie
Stanley and Frances
Stanley and Georgie
Stanley and Jaimie
Stanley and Jeannie
Stanley and Jennifer
Stanley and Josie
Stanley and Maggie
Stanley and Molly
Stanley and Penelope
Stanley and Phoebe
Stanley and Roxanne
Stanley and Sadie

All your names are lovely, but I've bolded my faves... I adore the name Stanley :flower:

these are the best:

Stanley and Abigail
Stanley and Eloise (I think Elodie would go better though)
Stanley and Penelope
Stanley and Sadie

dont like because:

sound to cutesy (may not age well):

Stanley and Edie
Stanley and Evie
Stanley and Josie
Stanley and Maggie
Stanley and Molly

these sound masculine:

Stanley and Frances
Stanley and Georgie
Stanley and Jaimie

these just dont fit (classical name wise):

Stanley and Alexis
Stanley and Jeannie
Stanley and Jennifer
Stanley and Phoebe
Stanley and Roxanne

Amalie sound exotic and stanley doesn't:

Stanley and Amelie

Thank you all for your comments, very helpful! I think I am going to leave them on the back-burner for a few weeks, and see whether any other names pop up in the meantime.

I don't think we will be able to settle on a name until she's born as I do think I need to see what she looks like before making a final decision.

Might sound weird but she will either be a redhead like my DH and son, or have brown hair like most of my side of the family, so I think that plays a part as well - to me names like Sadie are more brunette/grown-up name whereas some of the more 'cutesy' ones might suit a redhead better. I dunno...

Anyway, it's great to get another opinion so thank you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->