start and stop contractions :/ anyone else?

mamawolf

Reaction score
I keep getting really strong contractions the past two days or so. Strong enough I have to stop what I'm doing and remember to breathe. They never get regular but I'll have 10 to 15 a day. Has anyone had this happen and go into true labor soon after? With my firstborn I had irregular contractions for a whole day and went into true labor the next day

I keep getting really strong contractions the past two days or so. Strong enough I have to stop what I'm doing and remember to breathe. They never get regular but I'll have 10 to 15 a day. Has anyone had this happen and go into true labor soon after? With my firstborn I had irregular contractions for a whole day and went into true labor the next day

Ye this happened to me with my second who is now 8 days old.

For maybe a week before I would get stop start painful contractions usually started by sex. Few days before labour they were more frequent, the day before labour they were coming every 4 mins (I had a sweep done that day and told I was 1-2cms dilated) that night contractiona were still pretty stop start but I walked around and bounced on my ball. I had him in the bathroom after my waters broke and he was born straight away. Labour was that fast I didn't make it to hospital and the paramedics didn't even make it here so I think the ore labour contractions definitely prepared my body x

Oh wow now I'm a little worried about not getting to the hospital on time. How far along were you? I'm 37 weeks so I know it's still early. My first was born at 39

Oh wow now I'm a little worried about not getting to the hospital on time. How far along were you? I'm 37 weeks so I know it's still early. My first was born at 39

He was born at 4.50am on his due date!

Ye second babies do come faster so if you think you're in early labour go in and don't take no for an answer, they wouldn't let me come in.

But my first was pretty fast once in established labour- and my midwife (family friend) did tell me she was worried about me not getting there in time as my transition was pretty fast. It took me about 3 hours to go from 4-10cms when it normally takes people 6 hours x

Was he earlier than the first or right around the same?

This has been going on for me for a few weeks, actually. It's starting to make me feel pretty blue. Last night they woke me at 11:30pm and we're gone by 2am. I feel like my fear of them stopping is what stopped them! I had my bloody show yesterday morning too, I was so sure this was it, but not a single contraction this morning. Planning to have a good cry about it soon :'(

That's exactly what I feel like doing lol its put me in a hormone induced grump fest this morning.

yup- started last Thursday, got to about 30-40 mins apart, then kept stopping and starting all week. Stopped all together yesterday- nothing since then. So annoying!!!

More of the same today. I have an appointment today so hopefully I can find out if I'm dilated or effaced at all

Good luck. Hopefully these enhanced contractions are are least DOING something for you. At least, if anything else, they are helping you prepare for the real deal, although it can be real fustrating. I woke up 2 nights ago with a few painful contractions off and on during the night, but it just never amounted to anything. DD#1 was induced when I Was 2 weeks late so I am just worried that things will fail to organize on there own again this time.
Keep us updated on how your appointment turns out@

Just had my appointment and she said that he is low I'm a fingertip dilated and 50% effaced so at least the contractions are doing something lol

Agreed - that is that much less work you have to do in labor! KEep at it

A lot more contractions tonight. More frequent but still not regular. Going walking tomorrow!

mine picked up again earlier... but then stopped again :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->