start dreamfeed with 5 month old?

pinksmarties

Reaction score
Just wondering whether to introduce a dreamfeed this late in the day will help.

With DS1 I never did a df just bf when he woke up (which was lots during the night!)

With DS2 I had been doing the same however he slept much better at night from 5 week onwards going from 8 til 3-4 sometimes 5am, feed then up for day 7-7.30am. Now for the last few weeks he has been waking up 3 times per night. I know about the 4 month growth spurt/sleep regression, it was hell with DS1!. The more frequent wakings are really tiring especially with a toddler to look after especially knowing he did so well before now.

I was wondering if anyone had introduced a df to an slightly older baby and what were the outcomes - good or bad?

Can't really offer advice, just wanted to say I'm going through exactly the same thing. This is also my second baby and he slept really well from early on - waking once for a feed anywhere between 3 and 6 after going down at 7. He has just turned 5 months and he is up at least 3 times a night, sometimes after only being asleep for 2 hours. Totally exhausted and really don't know what to do. So, I feel your pain and will be watching this thread.

Hi mc mummy. In some ways, despite being so knackered, I am coping better than than with DS1 who was up hourly during this time but at least then I could nap when he did (although he didn't nap long either!)

I still haven't tried a df yet, 2 night ago he went Right though till 4.30am and thought we may be back on track but then last night he was up nearly every 2 hours.

We tried dream feeds but I could never wake him enough to feed without waking him fully. The frequent waking is very normal through the first two years of life, sleep is constantly changing and all babies are different so comparing to your first isn't much use. I have a frequent waker and the only way we survive is cosleeping :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->