Start me off pretty please

pip holder

Reaction score
I have bee getting a nagging feeling which is growing everytime I see one of the tickers about how much landfill has been saved by clothbumming.
So - after dipping in and out of threads about cloth like a cloth pervert :flasher: I am even more confuzzled than ever :dohh:

My boy is 7 months, not an ahem 'messy' pooer, quite a heavy wetter but never leaks with sposies and I like pretty nappies :blush: What do I do/need next? Am currently a bit skint and would also like the easiest option at first.

Don't ask much do I....:flower:

The cheapest option is prefolds with covers...you can buy cute covers, the prefolds are just plain.

I personally like prefolds from this site
www.greenmountaindiapers.com

Covers I like are Thirsties (plain colors but nice colors), Bummis are nice too

You could do pockets, they are easy and can find cute prints and colors. I've heard really good things about these Kawaii diapers on this site, you can get them on other sites too, really good prices.
https://www.thechangingstation.net/

I have bee getting a nagging feeling which is growing everytime I see one of the tickers about how much landfill has been saved by clothbumming.
So - after dipping in and out of threads about cloth like a cloth pervert :flasher: I am even more confuzzled than ever :dohh:

My boy is 7 months, not an ahem 'messy' pooer, quite a heavy wetter but never leaks with sposies and I like pretty nappies :blush: What do I do/need next? Am currently a bit skint and would also like the easiest option at first.

Don't ask much do I....:flower:

You are probably best getting quite a thirsty nappy if he is a heavy wetter, something like hemp or bamboo. However with cloth it's always best to try a few and go from there, that way you can work out what you like and what you don't. Do you know what style of nappy you would like? Littlestar has some really helpful starting out articles links in her siggy.

You can buy nappies singly and most places offer a range to suit most budgets. You can also buy preloved which can help save a little money but i alwasy think you should approach that with caution. There have been a lot of problems with incorrect descriptions etc. The girls on here are good to their word though. :flower:

to be honest the prettys are the more expensive ones so to start you off I would suggest a couple of preloved bumgenius V3's to ease you into using cloth...they are the easiest to use I find and do my little champion pee'er upto 10 hours.
They come in nice colours (plain, no patterns) but still enough for people to notice shes got a pink bum :D

Then once you have pennies you can buy pretties (my favs IssyBears, Mini LaLa's, Blueberrys and WeeNotions) :yipee:

also to add, are you in the uk? check whther your council does an incentive scheme. We had a thread going i'll bump it for you

ETA; https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/310245-real-nappy-schemes-participating-councils.html

links in siggy :)

seriously though i've only had one poo blowout in cloth and that was when i hadn't realised i'd left the setting too low and gave Q a builders bum :dohh:

Wonderful load of info there ladies, many thanks - will investigate properly - also I see my council are part of the scheme too :happydance:

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->