start of a new life, update with photo pg 2

Bloody well done!

I found www.livestrong.com amazingly useful for weight loss. It's all free, and you can log all your foodand exercise on the daily plate. It has dares, like groups on facebook where you can track your weight and get motivated by other people.

A whole stone is amazing hun, you've done so well. I started just over a couple of weeks ago and have lost 8lbs.

What also works for me is goals and rewards. Like after losing 5lbs I treat myself to something, then 15lbs, then 25lbs so I keep wanting to get to my goals. 15lbs is to go horseriding, and 25lbs is an iPhone!

wow well done yourself Nic!

i like the treat idea... but knowing me id give myself the treat regardless of loosing the weight LOL

Thats great hun you're doing so well :)

My OH is dieting too (he's lost about 2 1/2 stone now) and we found that the simplest changes can make the world of difference!!! e.g. he has chicken wraps for lunch now that I make instead of sandwiches.

Keep going :) You're doing great

xxx

thanks for the encouragement!

linzi... bread is my downfall i used to have toast for breakfast, sandwhiches for lunch and then toast before going to bed at night!!

replacing it has been really hard!

WOW TEZZY!!! You're doing really well!!! Very, Very impressed :D

Well done :D

In Marks and Spencers Count on us range they have a healthy pizza if you're really craving one :D

Well done Tezzy! Do you have a goal weight you'd like to get to?

linzi... bread is my downfall i used to have toast for breakfast, sandwhiches for lunch and then toast before going to bed at night!!

Just eat the right bread. :) There's Nimble, or wholegrain breads which are good for you in moderation. I hated wholegrain bread before I started, now I love it. I usually have two slices of wholemeal with flora pro active and a banana for breakfast.

In Tescos you can also get healthy choice wraps. Beware of the Old El Paso type wraps though, they are about 300cals each!

Make sure as well that you eat enough protein. It will stop you snacking, fill you up and give you energy. I us the livestrong site to track my protein intake, but I make sure it's never below 20%.

Oh, and if you are using the gym too, try to eat a high protein meal 1 hour after the gym as this will help to break down more fats :)

thanks girls.. i didnt even think id gotten any smaller to be honest.. its been coming off over the last 7 weeks so for me its not seemed a dramatic weight loss.

this photo gives me great confidence!

Just eat the right bread. :) There's Nimble, or wholegrain breads which are good for you in moderation. I hated wholegrain bread before I started, now I love it. I usually have two slices of wholemeal with flora pro active and a banana for breakfast.

In Tescos you can also get healthy choice wraps. Beware of the Old El Paso type wraps though, they are about 300cals each!

Make sure as well that you eat enough protein. It will stop you snacking, fill you up and give you energy. I us the livestrong site to track my protein intake, but I make sure it's never below 20%.

Oh, and if you are using the gym too, try to eat a high protein meal 1 hour after the gym as this will help to break down more fats :)

thanks for your great advice!

the bread we buy is the warburtons seedy batch with is 264 kcal for 2 slices without butter!

The photo is brilliant!

Before I started I took my 'fat photos' as a reminder of what I looked like, because I am never going to look like that again! So I will take some each month and compare.

14lbs in 7 weeks is brilliant. that's 52lbs in a year of you keep going! Slow and steady weight loss is the best as you are less likely to put it back on again :)

Well done Tezzy! Do you have a goal weight you'd like to get to?

when i got married i was 12st 10 so to get past that weight would be great (im 13st 9lb now) to get lower than that would be a miricle i think

The photo is brilliant!

Before I started I took my 'fat photos' as a reminder of what I looked like, because I am never going to look like that again! So I will take some each month and compare.

14lbs in 7 weeks is brilliant. that's 52lbs in a year of you keep going! Slow and steady weight loss is the best as you are less likely to put it back on again :)

yeah i didnt really want a rapid weight loss.. 2lb a week is great. ive just joined the gym this week to help maintane the weight loss because i heard that dieting can only get you so far...

for me its been a mental change, i am/was a closet binge eater (i posted a while back in the girly sanc) to stop eating all the time has been hard and its been a gradual thing over the last 7 weeks.. ive had good days and bad days.. a few pizzas along the way too!

Well you have done so well, you should be proud! :)

We can be weight loss buddies if you like, as I am exercising and following healthy eating. I'm also an ex binger too. Used to have food stashed around the house so no one would know how much I was eating :rofl:

omg i used to do that too Nic LOL

in my bedside table, in the kids nappy box, i used to hide things everywhere!

i used to spend my days walking backwards and forwards to the kitchen and grabbing things out of cupboards until i felt sick :blush:

so yeah we can be buddies if you like :)

Yep, I ate until I felt sick too! Thats how I thought I should feel! I was never nicely content, I always ate until I felt bloated and sick :sick: Blegh, makes me feel yucky now when I think about it!

Well we can use this thread o motivate each other if you like! :) When did you last go to the gym? I went the day before yesterday and burned 500cals. Shoulf really go today too!

It's odd, now that Im watching what I eat I find it hard to stay above 1,200clas a day!

i went swimming lastnight and burned nearly 600 calories :)

im trying to maintane 1300 calories a day.. with swimming/gym then that 'should' be around 1900 but i never make up the calories burned lol

im trying to keep to 200cal for breakfast 500 for lunch, 500 for dinner and 100 for snacks.. i emphasise the word 'trying' :rofl:

I'm on 1,300 too :) I looooove sunbites crisps for a snack. Really, really tasty and all wholegrain :)

i like the cadburys brunch bars, theyre 160cal but worth it theyre so yummy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->