Start the adoption process

Great news, Missk! I agree - it feels ages away now but in the blink of an eye you'll have a little one in your arms. Crazy!

They call us and give us some details (although they can be really limited.. age and gender) and then we either accept or deny. We haven't had any phone calls since our girls left on the 28th and I suspect that's because they haven't updated their records to show that we have a vacancy. But that's just a theory. We have a weekend trip scheduled for the first weekend in March so we figure we'll give them a call if we still haven't heard from them after that.

We've also started talking about private adoption options, too. Although I'm not sure how the process works in the States. Funny that the three of us are all from different countries.

Have you thought about contacting the private agency to see how the process works?

Yeah I would phone I have found that if your not on top of the agency they forget about you.

I'm getting a little frustrated with the whole adoption process I asked our social worker if we could do a parenting course online. She says yes but I will have some other recommendations once we have our last meeting. She also wants us to talk about our emotions around not having a child of our own, but we have dealt with this like 2 years ago. And then she recommended a book that talks about IVF and when to stop, but we have never done IVF. So not really sure how it relates to our situation.

Hmm.. that's annoying. We didn't do IVF either and I find it a little obnoxious when people ask us about it. It makes me feel like they're saying we didn't try hard enough or something.

We talked about it a little more this weekend and my wife is really keen on starting the private adoption route as well. We're also considering one final try. So, it's possible that in a few months we'll officially be foster parents, pursuing private adoption who are ttc. haha. That's hilarious.

Yeah I get what you mean. I don't think people understand how much of rollercoaster IVF is on people.

Good luck with private adoption.

I can't wait for our next meeting which is next week. We are going over our financials and doing one on one. And then once that is done it one less thing to stress about. Then we just have to wait for the write up which is another thing to stress over the joys of adoption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->