Started a part time job...

lisaalove

Reaction score
I wanted to get out of the house and feel productive so I got a part ttime job at a local store, well today's the first day I'm 5 hours into my shift and my feet hurt so bad I can't believe I have to do this again tomorrow! All I want to do is sit but I don' want to ask bbecause I feel like it would just be wrong to ask that on my first day!

I've been there (but not in such a pregnant state!!) it was hard enough adjusting to a retail position standing all the time never mind being pregnant. The pain went away after a week for me, try to sit a little in the first few days just explain you're not used to being on your feet for so long and you're sure it'll get better! If it doesn't, maybe a call center job or sit down job might be better for you. Good luck!!

I've been there (but not in such a pregnant state!!) it was hard enough adjusting to a retail position standing all the time never mind being pregnant. The pain went away after a week for me, try to sit a little in the first few days just explain you're not used to being on your feet for so long and you're sure it'll get better! If it doesn't, maybe a call center job or sit down job might be better for you. Good luck!!

I'm sure it will go away, I used to work there about a year ago and I texted my old manager and asked if I could work part time because I wanted out of the house. He knows I'm pregnant and I let him know that it hurts to stand for too long but since it was my first day back I didn't want the other employees wondering why I got special treatment.

Good luck with the next shift and good on you for getting out of the house!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->