Started Fertility Testing..Need buddies...

Awww sorry jjbubbles, hope the next one works:flower: It's all done to luck and timing unfortunately, the right egg and the right time they perform the IUI.

I think my 2nd one was badly timed since I'd already Oed and the 3rd one was probably too close to actual O. I actually got a copy of my journal and it seems the 1st IUI may have been a bust because DH's count was only 4 million (no wonder she didn't say anything):wacko: So this 4th IUI may have been better timed and his count was good.

patience: Yes candy is tempting, I'm trying to cut down at the moment since all that sugar can't be good for my eggs:wacko: I only eat it on the weekends but still.

So after having talked to another nice member on this board, I've come to the conclusion that my brother suffers from NPD like our mother does:nope: So I'm giving up on having a good relationship with him and just going to avoid talking to him as much as possible (no problem since he never writes and has never, ever called me), avoid seeing him as much as possible (no problem since he only comes here every 3-5 years and only has time to see us 2-3 days at a time) and avoid being baited into a discussion and stop defending myself when he attacks me and my person. It serves no purpose other than he gets what he's after and I'm left upset and confused. Not only that, I'm giving up on my sister as well since she seems to be under his spell and ditto for my cousin. My family will from now on be my DH, our child, our cat and his family. It's sad but I can't keep on trying for something that's never gonna happen. Sometimes it's better to give up, especially if it's something that's going over your emotional and mental health.

That's exactly the right attitude to have :flower: I can't imagine having to shut out family, but the way they're acting makes them undeserving of your love! Sorry you're going through this but hopefully in the long term it'll bring you more happiness :)

That's exactly the right attitude to have :flower: I can't imagine having to shut out family, but the way they're acting makes them undeserving of your love! Sorry you're going through this but hopefully in the long term it'll bring you more happiness :)

Nope and I wouldn't be doing it unless it truely was necessary because I really am a pretty family-orientated person:nope: I also got to thinking recently that my sister didn't invite us over for her son's Christening about 4 years ago so that probably says it all. Could be my brother filled her head with that we didn't "want" come to his daughter's and we wouldn't "want" to come to her son's. Either way, I'm done with both of them:nope: Will keep any future communication short and factual and that's it.

I so regret though that I gave into my brother's wims about 6 years ago when DH and I were about to get married but nothing to be done now:dohh: If he'd sent me a similar mail now I'd tell him I'm sorry he feels that way about me and sees things that way and tell him it's maybe for the best they don't come then. Oh well, know what to answer next time if a similar situation comes up e.g. our child's Christening in the future. Don't even know if I'd invite them at this point though but we'll see, it might be moot at that time:shrug:

I feel sorry for him, just as I feel sorry for my mother, for what they've been through (that have made them the people they are today) but I can't continue to allow them to verbally and emotionally abuse me. Once they both have crossed a certain line, they're out of my life.

So looks like it's bad news guys:nope: I have red blood at my cervix and am cramping so yet another failed IUI, AF will be full flow by early tomorrow morning. Will be calling the clinic tomorrow morning to start IUI #5 but honestly, I've mentally given up on IUI ever working for us and just wish we could start IVF:cry: Worst part is I'm starting to fear like it'll never happen for us and that my eggs are to blame:cry: I just felt like everything looked so good with 1 egg and the timing felt pretty good.

Sorry to be so negative, I'm just feeling extra crap since I'll be turning 36 and really feel like I'm racing against my biological clock:(

So called the clinic this morning and got an appointment for CD3 on Wednesday at 11 AM. They didn't have any time before so hoping it really doesn't matter if it's CD2 or CD3 I come in as they claim it is.

Sorry for being quiet, since going NTNP it's just not as fun to be on the boards any more :( good luck with your next IUI, have you got a spot on the IVF wait list yet ?

Sorry for being quiet, since going NTNP it's just not as fun to be on the boards any more :( good luck with your next IUI, have you got a spot on the IVF wait list yet ?

We've been on the list since the 3rd IUI failed and won't hear anything until the hospital has a place for us. But that can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months so we risk after IUI #6 having a 3 month forced break if it takes the max amount of time:cry:

When you thought it couldn't get worse... I have a HUGE cyst in one ovary so the IUI is cancelled:cry::cry::cry::cry: Have a smaller one as well and if it had only been that one, they would've given the green light. So it'll be NTNP this month and you probably won't see me very much this month. They said to call next time AF showed up.

Maybe this is nature's way of telling me to give it up:cry::cry:

Did that just show up this month or did they not notice till now??

It developed some time after I Oed last time. The smallest one is about 10 mm and the large one looked like it was about 20-25 mm, I was too upset to notice exactly.

So I'm CD13 and we've just been taking things easy. If I end up Oing on time, it should happen today or maybe tomorrow. If the cyst hasn't delayed O. I've been busy planning my birthday party the 9th (my actual Bday was yesterday, turned 36:wacko:) so trying to figure out the menu. I'm pescetarian so it needs to either be vegetarian or something with fish/shellfish. The biggest challenge is DH's big brother's kids, they're so picky:dohh: I think the only fish they'll eat is salmon but I served salmon (with a mango butter) 2 years ago so don't really feel like serving it again. So trying to decide the main course as it'll only be that and a dessert.

Anyway, how is everyone else doing?:flower:

Im well Kat. Happy Birthday. Maybe a nice fish like grouper, flounder? Or maybe lobster. I dont eat any of these, but maybe???/

Im well Kat. Happy Birthday. Maybe a nice fish like grouper, flounder? Or maybe lobster. I dont eat any of these, but maybe???/

Thanks jj and thanks for those yummy suggestions:flower: Lobster would be great but it may be a bit expensive as we'll be 11 people all in all although 2 will be DH's big brother's kids and they don't eat much. DH and I were thinking of maybe cod with maybe a mussel sauce? We'll be deciding ver soon as wel need to order the fish from a local fish market. I was thinking maybe tirimasu for dessert but we had that 2-3 years ago as well:shrug: If we do that then we'll need to buy ice cream for the kids because they'll refuse to eat it. The daughter (6 years old) is super picky, she'll eat whipped cream but not the rest of the cake so no cake :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->