Started off with disposables but now looking into Reusables..... Please help!

B

Bekkiboo

I just don't know where to start or what I need to get started.

I had a look on boots website and I'm finding it all confusing! :wacko:
Can anyone please help and tell me what I need to get going?

Thank you in advance! :thumbup:

depends what you wanna use hun, heres a link that explains the basics of a few types of nappy have a look at that n come back n let us kno what you fancy using and will answer any quesrtions you have !!

https://www.fill-your-pants.com/page/confused

sara

xxxxx

That's the thing, I've always assumed it was just a Terrys cloth with a plastic pair of knickers on top lol, I didn't realise there was such variety and that's what got me stumped!

I will have a look on that site hun, thank you x

I'm still confused lol

Would it be a good idea if I could tell you all a bit about my self and you ladies could make recommendations of which ones would suit me and my LO?
Then I can stick to looking for the brand mostly suggested to start off with (at least until I become more knowledgeable on the cloth nappy front and find my feet so to speak)

Also I am on a budget as to what I can afford straight off so need a good value starter kit for which ever brand I go with!

Ok so I won't go on and on about every aspect of my life just the parts I feel are relevant lol

firstly I don't go out an awful lot, usually just to take the older kids to school and collect, and also a bit of retail therapy every now and then, so convenience isn't a major issue.

There is the issue of my OH's mother who I believe will have an issue with it and as quite a self concious person I get very down hearted when she sticks her oar in!

I am on maternity leave so inevitably I will eventually have to go back to work so will need to be simple enough for nursery staff, grandma and OH to grasp!

I really don't know what else to put? If you need answers to any other things to make a suggestion just ask and I will answer them!

Sorry to be such a dunce lol

i'm thinking maybe and all in one (aio) or an pocket type nappy would suit you as then they would be easy for oh etc to do, possibly the ebay cheapies as they are brill on catching everything and also they don't cost the world then once you are sure you like washables then you could invest in some more expensive ones, also buying a few trial packs would be good as you can then see which you like and sell the ones you don't on here.
HTH xx

Ive just seen on a site mentioned that local councils offer incentive schemes such as money back and I searched and found my local council do too!
I'm going to ring them tomorrow and find out exactly what I will be entitled to!
In the mean time I'm going to browse eBay to see what I can find and could you recommend the best sites to get starter packs from please?

Thank you x x

Hi hun mothercare do a trial of there smart nappy which i can hand on heart sat are bloody brill and there are quite a few smart nappy lovers on here, they are 9.99, also search ebay for trial packs or single nappies if you get stuck then give me a shout if you wonder what they need, will find some others for you now will also pm you a few links xx

Thanks Hun, I keep wondering which ones need something to put over them and which one are okay just as they are, cloth nappies have come a long way since the original terry nappies, just as hard to pick out of them as it is to pick shampoo lol!
There's a woman on eBay doing a pack of 10 nappies with 20 inserts brand new for 44.99 or something like that, does that sound like good value? She has 100% feedback score!

sounds like you are on about the naughty babies, are they all bright colours? if so they are good and keep plenty of widdle in and no leaks really, i have 5 ebay cheapies and use these before the rest i have.
The ones you are on about if i am right you don't need anything over the top xx

Just checked and they are them ones, and apologies but it was 12 for 49.99 plus 24 inserts and 8.99 p&p so even though it's 12 nappies it would be more like 24 because of the extra inserts, is this right? They are a bit boyish looking!
Sorry Hun I don't have the link, I'm using the eBay app and Internet on my mobile!

Gawd look at the time! I have been browsing loads of sites and would quite like to try the bright bots terry towelling nappies, I can always buy other more easy to use ones nearer when I go back to work. Do I need covers to go over these or can they be used as they are? Also do they require liners for inside and what's better, the pins or them swanky clips?

So many questions lol!

I'm assuming there'll be videos on YouTube showing me how to puy them on my LO?

Oh and if they do need covers, can you get see through ones??

Hey hun, are you actually in the Birmingham council area? If so, they have a cloth nappy library so you can borrow some and see if you like them before you buy! This is a fab idea and I wish stinky Stockport council would do the same! https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/cs/Satellite/nappies?packedargs=website=1&rendermode=live here is the link.

If you would prefer your own new nappies to try, this is available on the fill your pants site https://www.fill-your-pants.com/product/55/108/mixed-nappy-trial-pack - you could put your voucher towards this and it would give you an idea about the types of nappy there are available...any you don't like can be sold on easily. There is always a big demand for second hand nappies and you could make a lot of your money back to spend on whicever brand you prefer!

Like dizzy said, the smart nappy system from mothercare is fab, and also most of my stash is made up of those ebay nappies you found! Hope that helps! xxx

You would need to use wraps with terries, and as for liners you can get biodegradable paper ones or you can use fleece ones which keep babys bum nice and dry. You can use both of those together. It's up to you though, you don't need to use a liner, it just makes it a bit easier for getting rid of poo etc.

I have never seen any see through wraps! I don't know which ones are best as I don't really use terries. There are quite a few people on here that do though, they would be able to help you more with that sort of thing.

Have a look on the cloth swap or sell thread at the top of the page, migt be some wraps or something in there that you like.

:)

you could try before you buy, have a read of this :)

https://www.plushpants.co.uk/category/Cloth Nappies/sub_cat/The Cloth Nappy Trial Scheme.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->