Started off with disposables but now looking into Reusables..... Please help!

Where's the best place to get decent priced Terry towelling nappies without skimping on the quality?

I spoke to an advisor on the phone today and I have decided to use a mix of different nappies.
I've decided to use Terry towelling nappies for ordinary days when I don't do much but collect kids from school, pop to the shop etc.

Then I'm going to invest in some all in one's (one size) for longer trips out where changing facilities might me minimal and also for granny (should I ever prize myself away from Cassidy) to use if she finds the Terrys difficult.

And obviously over time I will add to the stockpile!

I've purchased a pack of 3 Naughty Babies all in ones with 6 liners from Ebay just to try out, and if they are any good I will buy more!

So list for Terrys towelling:

24 Terry towelling nappies
3 wraps (to start off with)
pack of 3 nippi nappas
liners

anything else I'm missing?

And is there anywhere I can get this lot for a reasonable price at the same time?

Just a thought as well but as my budget is tight (around £50) is it okay to start off part time and gradually move up to full time if I can't get all I need straight away?

I bet you're all banging your heads against the wall wondering when I'm going to get it already lol

Just to add as well, my OH is 100% behind me wanting to do this which is odd for him because he normally moans about everything lol

I started with terries too, I just got a pack of 12 Junior Joy ones off ebay, they were around £10 I think.

It's worth checking out www.usednappies.co.uk you could put and in search of if you're definitely going to go with terries - I got some quite well used ones from there for the cost of postage and I've used them and they'll do for cloths after too :)

There are some on offer on a website... just let me find it...

https://nappyelite.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1239

they're new seconds for £2.99 each :) You can get small / medium and then you'll just need a wrap.

I'll pm you another site with cloth nappies for sale as it's got a forum attached.

x

Cassidy was 11lb 4 at her weigh in last Thursday putting on 10 oz's in 1 week, she's been gaining like this since she's been born, do you think it would be worth getting the medium straight off because I don't think she'll get alot of wear out of the small, bearing in mind the wait for delivery??

Update:

I just purchased 2 packs of 6 Junior Joy nappies from Ebay (worked out cheaper that way)

So now I have 12 Terrys nappies
3 Naughty Baby AIO one size nappies with 6 liners (In red, orange and purple)

Just need to get some clips, wraps and liners, going to look what you recommended for the liners elm!

Another question, can anybody recommend what's good to wash them with, to avoid wee smells and ensure they stay soft?

There should be a sticky or something for newbies like me, there could be a questionnaire that you copy paste and fill in and then others can advise on the best ones for them or something like that.

People could be assigned the role of cloth nappy champions, just like with breast feeding lol

..... just a thought :shrug::wacko:

Who do I forward the idea on to or do I just wait until Wobbles see's it?? Feel free to suggest it for me, i'm a bit shy :blush:

I've got goggle eyes from all this online searching for nappies!

I now have the 12 Terrys nappies
3 naughty baby nappies with 6 liners included
pack of 3 pink nippa nappi clips
10 reusable liners

Is that enough for now? Obviously I'm going to get the wraps as well (nearly forgot, would have had one wet baby on my hands!)

and now I'm off to get dressed :blush:

that will definately be enough to get you started hun, especially if you're only wanting to start out part time (most people start out that way!)

you will need something to store your dirty nappies in - some kind of bucket will do the job very well - you're best off with something with a lid as if you have dogs or other children they can sometimes knock your nappies over etc and a lid will help keep any nasty whiffs in !!!

as for washing them - any non bio is great ! only use half the recommmended amount of detergent as it will cause a build up on your nappies and instead of absorbing it will repel and you will get some nasty leaks !!!!! also DONT use fabric softner!!! it will also cause a build up!!!

best thing you can do to keep your fluff fluffy in my opinion is to line dry as this is best for the nappies and will not kill them and any nasty stains will get bleached out in the sun, then if they have gone a little hard pop em in the tumble dryer (if you have one!) to fluff them up every now and then for 20 mins - this seems to do the trick for me !!! :hugs:

any more questions hun please dont hesitate to ask - we have all been fluffy virgins at one point or another !!!:hugs:

sara

xxxxx

Right just updating what I have bought so far:

3x NaughtyBaby nappies

12 Junior Joy Terry towelling nappies

3 nippi nappa clips

3 quick flip nappies (in white)

3 wraps - which you will have to wait to see!

I think I have enough to start me off :wacko:

Oh yeah and lots and lots of reusable liners!!

Pm me your address if you want hun as i have some wraps etc you can have if you want, they are just sitting here so it's a shame they are been put to no use xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->