Started with disposables, want to start with reuseables.

v2007

Reaction score
I have decided to make Katie the newest member of the Cloth bum club, im so giddy:blush:

I was looKing at AIO as they seem really nifty, i was just wondering if anyone had any tips for a newbie.

Fank you.

V xxxx

No tips from me hun, I'm a newbie too! Just wanted to say your thread title is almost identical to mine when I started out in here not long ago!

There will be lots of lovely ladies by to help you soon x

Hi :) I swapped over to cloth a couple of weeks ago. Here are some other threads that you might find useful:

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural...um-uses-cloth-nappies-diapers-28-6-5-7-a.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural...t-now-looking-into-reusables-please-help.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/192378-few-cloth-questions.html

Personally I so far prefer the pocket.. think the AIO is ok for daytime but can get a bit wet if you want to use it over night.

I've been doing cloth for 4 months now, and what I would have done differently than what I did do is order several different brands to try, then order up the ones I like best for the main part of my stash.

I'm liking the pockets the best, and have most of those. I do have some fitted's also (the kind you use a cover on), and would like more of them as I find they go the longest when we're out. I have some AIO's as well, MonkeyDoodlez, but I don't love them as they're more bulky, and take forever to dry. Hubby heads for those ones first though.... but he's not the one doing the laundry! I like my fleece AIO's, as they're so soft and cuddly, and dry faster, but generally have to pop an insert on top to make them go long enough to not be annoying.

I use AIOs during the day (Bum Genius Organics) and AI2s at night (Pop In's) I absolutely love my BG's, they are the best nappy I have tried, and I have tried quite a few! I always use a fleece liner, as the BGs are cotton and the Pop Ins bamboo, so they get pretty wet. The fleece keeps her bum nice and dry.

The BG's are so handy for taking out, I used to use a mixture of pockets and fitteds with wraps and it was a bit much for poor old disorganised me when I was out! I'm sure normal humans manage fine though :dohh:

:)

ive tried lots of cloth nappies and i also prefer pockets, they are so easy to use, so easy to wash and so quick to dry, try if u can to get ones with fleece inner because it helps so much with babys bum, if u cant get fleece inner i would recommend getting some fleece liners as they really keep the wet away from the skin

other than that i dont know what else to suggest really, get ready to spend your life savings on cute nappies :winkwink:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->