Starting 2nd ivf cycle April/May

Pinkie - Yep! Everything is set - 11:45 next Tuesday is show time!
What meds have you other ladies been on before and after a transfer? I was a little surprised I have to stay on estrace up through and for a while after the transfer.

I didn't have estrace but I have read its to support the endometrial lining maybe it helps with implantation? I am taking progesterone pessaries and started those from day of egg collection and think I need to continue until week 12? I am also still taking my steroids but stopped the clexane injections.

:flower:

I was supposed to be on estrodiol patches until I stopped progesterone.

pinkie- yes this is my 5th week, so the ultrasound will be on the 6th week

krissy - i started taking estrace and crinone after egg retrieval.....also took 5 days of medrol....and baby asa
they said to expect to take the meds until ~ 9 week

Yeah I just went over my final medication list.
I'm stop taking the lupron tomorrow night
Baby aspirin should continue until 12 weeks of pregnancy
Estrace will continue up through and for a while after FET
I start Progesterone Thursday night and I'll take 3 vaginal suppositories a day up through and a while after FET
And I'll have a few days of antibiotics over the weekend as well (5 pills in total)
Oh and prenatal vitamins never stop.

Krissy, sounds like you're going to be rattling lol!

MrsL4, I'm jealous I have to wait until 7 weeks for my scan.

L4, wow, that is fantastic!!! Massive congrats!!! So when exactly is your first scan?

Pinkie darling, I know, waiting is so so hard. I cant believe you have to wait until you are 7 weeks.... How long more do you have to wait? Good that you stopped testing. But glad that the word pregnant on the digital made you feel good.

Krissy, almost time :) I am still on vaginal suppositories. They have both estrace and progesterone. I have one more week to go. Which makes it to 10 weeks of pregnancy.

Dazed and baby117 how are you girls?

I am just waiting until my next scan. One more week to go. I cannot wait. I started feeling a bit anxious about a MMC....
Pinkie, how long will you be on steroids?

I'm good Eab.

Update on the WFT appt in my journal.

eab - my ultrasound is early next week!

pinkie - that is a lot of suspense....no betas and no ultrasound til 7 weeks!! :dohh:

MrsL4, tell me about it I am going out of my mind here. :wacko: I was told that they cant see the heartbeat until 7 weeks which must be a little porky if you're having your scan at 6 weeks.

Eab, I go for my first scan on 13th July, 11 days away and counting! I am taking 20mg of steroids at the moment, I continue these until week 8 and then start weaning off and stop at 12 weeks. Is yours the same?

I still have absolutely no symptoms?? I had a few twinges yesterday, part of me freaked out thinking something bad was happening then the other part felt reassured that something is going on in there.

Hello Ladies,

L4, good luck with you ultrasound this week.

Pinkie, how are you doing? I still can't believe you have to wait that long for your first ultrasound.... Dont worry about not having symptoms. Actually my only real symptoms is extreme fatigue, but it started later and got worse. My breast have just now started being tender every now and then and I have no morning sickness. As for the steroids, my understanding was that I was going to be on it until 8-10 weeks, but I am no sure anymore, I will talk to the doc this week. I hope I can wean off soon. They made me gain an enormous amount of weight on my waist line :(

Krissy, FET is just around the corner, good luck!

Hello to everybody else.

My next scan is coming up soon. I am a bit freaked out. I hope everything is going well.

Thanks Eab, that's a little reassuring about you having no symptoms either. I know its still really early but I don't feel pregnant at all, my boobs feel a little tender and heavier later in the evening but otherwise absolutely nothing, not even any tiredness. I am wondering if the steroids are masking that as they are suppose to give you more energy. I've put a bit of weight on from them too, I have a round face as it is but now I am losing my jaw line lol!! Only another week until our scan, the suspense is starting to get to me, I am desperate to know everything is ok. I wish I demanded a blood test to make sure my HCG was rising properly but its a bit late now, I just need to ride the rest of this week out. I can understand why you are freaked out about your scan, does the worrying ever stop? When is it and what how many weeks will you be?

MrsL4, what day is your 6 week scan this week? How are you feeling? GOOD LUCK.

Krissy, the best of luck with the transfer tomorrow, I hope it all goes smoothly.

Hi to everyone else :hi: I hope you are all getting on ok.

good luck tmw krissy!

my 6 week ultrasound is tmw -- just like eab, i am anxious to make sure everything is okay. while i am LOVING every second, i am still anxious...i just can't believe we got our first BFP and it is a reality!! i had cramping 4-5 weeks, which has lessened the past few days....but fatigue is setting in. i took a nap each day this weekend, and want a quick cat nap after work most days! thankfully morning sickness has stayed away thus far, although i was holding a piece of paper in my mouth real quick this am, and i started to dry heave.....in my head, i was thinking "ohh noooo don't let this be the start of it"!

hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

pinkie i hope things go quickly and you have an awesome dr visit next week!

L4, good luck today!

Pinkie, yeah the steroids could totally mask the fatigue. Have you tested again? Maybe you will feel a bit better if you see the word 'pregnant' on a digi again? Yeah taking steroids sucks.....
My scan is tomorrow and I cannot wait. I should be 10w gestational age, but baby measured a couple of days behind, although I dont think it matters.

No Eab, I haven't tested again since last Monday which was on a digital. A few days before that I done a cheapie and it was faint, it freaked me out so I done this digital it said 'pregnant' after that my DH band me from doing anymore. Although DH is away on business tonight so I am really thinking about running out to get another digital and doing one in the morning, if its bad news it might prepare me better for Monday. TBH I think this whole process sends your mind into overdrive and you over analysis absolutely everything, I know I am. I could just be really luck and not have any symptoms. I am very lucky that I am not working at the moment, I wonder if I was still at my job travelling and working full time I would feel the tiredness and fatigue more.

Anyway enough of my rambling, wishing you the best for your scan tomorrow. I really don't think a few days out really matters and I am sure the little bambino will be measuring perfectly tomorrow.

MrsL4, I hope the MS stays away from you and you're managing to get some rest. Good luck today, I hope you get to see your little one growing nicely.

Transfer was a success! I go for an official beta test on the 21st unless I get a +HPT before then :D

Yey go Krissy PUPO!!! :happydance:

Glad to hear the transfer went smoothly. I hope the TWW goes quickly for you. Are you planning to test yourself?

Pinkie - Absolutely. I have to go back on Tuesday the 14th to get my progesterone and estrogen tested, so I'm going to try to hold off until that morning (1 week) to POAS and see if I should ask them for a beta as well.
... and I have no self-control, so I'll probably test Monday the 13th as well as tuesday, just so I know if there's progression of any potential squinters lol.

had 6 week ultrasound today - saw yolk sac, gestational sac, baby, and just a little flicker of the heart.....we weren't able to measure it though. of course i was happy during the ultrasound, but now i am wondering if the heart rate was fast enough?! it was hard to see the flicker, so i don't know. all i gotta say is.....i am always worried about the next test, then it happens and i get good news, and i worry about the next one! I'm trying to let all that worry go!

Pinkie - whatever makes your comfortable. I just said this on another thread but us IVFers go through so much and the s/e is constant worry.....Its okay to worry we will worry with you hun! I will continue to send you and your lil one positive vibes and hope for the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->