Starting 2nd ivf cycle April/May

Krissy, good luck with the testing the wait is torture so completely understand.

Congratulations on the scan MrsL4, sounds like everything is moving in the right direction. I think the next few weeks will be a bit worrying but once you get past the first trimester hopefully you can start to enjoy it.

:flower:

It's all over for me ladies :cry:

I just knew something wasn't right, I didn't even feel the slightest bit pregnant. I done a digital test this morning and it said 'not pregnant'. I called the hospital and they told me to go straight in for a scan and unfortunately I've had a chemical, there was nothing there. The spotting I had at the beginning would have been me losing it, why I was still getting positive pregnancy tests a week later I have no idea. I feel a bit numb about it all, and I have no idea how I am going to tell DH when he gets home.

I think I am done, this was our 3rd cycle I don't know how much more I can put my body through. If I can't get pregnant with an Endo scratch, top grade embryo, steroids and clexane I just don't think I am meant to have a baby? Maybe I need to start thinking about other options.

Thanks for being so supportive on here and good luck to everyone on the rest of your journey I will be continuing to check in and see how you are getting on.

Pinkie - I am so so sorry :hugs: The TTC road is so long and so hard and, most of all, so unfair. Take some time for yourself and your DH, and know we're all here sending you best wishes no matter which course you take.

Pinkie, oh no, I am so very sorry! :cry: I wish I could say something to make you feel better. What you are going through is so difficult and so so unfair. I know it is hard to see it now, but you are strong and you will find a way to move on. I think it is still too early to think about what to do next. Only you know how your body and mind can still take. IVF is brutal, infertility is brutal. You have gotten very far and you got so close to it. It is so cruel that it was taken away from you.
Have you ever had your NK cells activity tested? For me, I think that was the issue which was causing miscarriage. It can also cause implantation failure, which might be your issue.
We are here for you :hugs:

Krissy, congratulations on being PUPO!! You transferred one, right?

L4, I think the u/s went very well. This is exactly what we saw when I was one day shy of 6 weeks. It is simply too early to be able to measure the HB. Everything is too small.

Baby117, hello!

Eab - Yep, we thawed and transferred one, so we still have one waiting for us if needed

Did other ladies who had transfers done have a lot of cramping the day of/day after the transfer? I'm surprised I've been so crampy so early on and I can't decide if I think its a good thing or bad lol

Pinkie- I am so so sorry to hear this. I know you are so devasted Infertility is so unfair and so difficult. Take the time yall need. I am a firm believer that if you are ready to be a mother in your heart, it WILL happen. It may be a different path you never knew existed, but it will bring you a child in the most beautiful way. I never imagined, in my wildest dreams, that I would go through IVF. And I never really contemplated adoption, until infertility. But both became possibilities for us, and I was ready for our child in any way that Fate/God/whatever you believe in determined. I hope yall can remain strong and steadfast together. I KNOW you will be a mother.... I pray it is sooner rather than later.

Thank you for your kind words ladies, as you all unfortunately know the infertility road is a cruel painful one but I am glad I have you lovelies on here to talk to that fully understand. :hugs:

*I wrote this LONG message on another thread and decided to copy and paste it otherwise I was only just going to say the same thing but maybe in a different way*

I am doing better today, my DH isn't unfortunately. I've had a bit more time to get my head around things. I knew something wasn't right on Monday and when my DH left for business on Tuesday I done some tests when they were negative I knew it was over and the scan yesterday confirmed it. I felt more emotional yesterday having to tell my DH that there was no baby, it was his face that broke my heart. I love him so very much and all we want is to make each other happy. Seeing the devastation is horrible but we are very lucky to have each other and no matter what happens we will never let this break us.

Ok done with the soppy stuff. We both hardly slept last night, we were up talking for hours. I know it sounds a little too soon but I am done with sitting around waiting for things to happen. On each cycle we've taken breaks, its meant that I got a bit of a life back but then I lose it again when we cycle, I don't want to waste another 6 months thinking about what we are going to do I just want to get on with it. I am going to be 36 this year I was suppose to already have a couple of kids so I want to keep going.

I am thinking about egg donor, we have discussed this in a bit of detail before but I wanted to give mine one last chance. I don't think my eggs are good enough. I haven't had my FSH tested for a couple of years but my periods are getting lighter and lighter and I have no doubt my quality is getting worse. This cycle proved it, I struggled to get one egg, I know the egg we got amazingly became a top grade embryo but we don't know the anything about the genetics or if it had any abnormalities, which apparently is the main reason for implantation failure. Unfortunately I never get enough embryos to have these tests, I just have to transfer whatever I have. The fact I have now had 4 good embryos transferred and our best one with all the help of implantation procedures and meds suggests to me that they are just not good enough.

I have been doing a lot of reading about going to Greece for egg donor cycles, the reviews have been nothing but positive. It's half the price of the UK and the donors are matched really quickly plus due to the Greek laws they remain anonymous. I am going to do a lot more research into it but if I can experience a pregnancy and have a part of my DH genes grow inside me to give us the family we crave for I think I would do it.

Sorry this has become a LONG message, I got a bit carried away.

I hope everyone is getting on ok :flower:

Eab - Yep, we thawed and transferred one, so we still have one waiting for us if needed

Did other ladies who had transfers done have a lot of cramping the day of/day after the transfer? I'm surprised I've been so crampy so early on and I can't decide if I think its a good thing or bad lol

The only time I had cramping from the day of transfer was with this cycle, I know it didn't end well for me but with a chemical it means it started to implant so I would say its a good thing. I hope its a good sign for you.

Pinkie - My sister had infertility issues (premature ovarian failure) that resulted in a few failed IVFs (her eggs never even grew to the embryo state) and eventually lead to her going with an egg donor. In the US it was a pricey move for her, but in the end she ended up with two beautiful children (a boy and girl, twins) and she and her DH could not be happier.
At the time I am sure it's not what she had envisioned to have a family, but in the end, she loves them with all of her heart and wouldn't trade them for anything. And if egg donor was the way she had to go about getting them, she would do it again in a heartbeat.

Pinkie, you are a strong and brave lady!
Looking at your signature and reading your last post, it seems that you might be right that egg quality is an issue. I can only imagine how hard of a choice going for donor eggs can be, and I admire you for the strength you have in this moment. It does seem the best way to move forward. I can totally relate to the age issue and that you just want this to happen. I have read stories on other sites of couples who have chosen donor, either for male or female factor, and they are absolutely happy! I really support this decision! About Greece, a friend of my brother and his wife did that. I am pretty sure it was Greece, although I might be wrong. They traveled from Italy, where donor options have just become available in selected place. As far as I know things went pretty smoothly and they are blessed with a beautiful kid.

I also think it is great you are appreciating your DH and the loving relationship you have. I kept repeating that to myself every time I felt let down. I wish you the very best and i will be stalking for your updates. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks ladies.

Krissy, thanks for sharing your sisters story. Its nice to hear good experiences and makes me feel more confident on making this decision. I hope you are feeling ok in the TWW and the cramps are easing off.

Eab, I think we are all strong, brave women. If we can take anything positive from these experiences it is that they make better people.

I am planning to get in contact with an English nurse who co-ordinates with the Greek clinics tomorrow. So I will keep you up to date. I am think also thinking of starting a journal. If I do I will let you know.

Keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow ladies.... I think I like how this is looking, but want to see a bit of progression before I say anything to DH.

Attachments

• IMG_20150714_151542897_HDR (2).jpg
    IMG_20150714_151542897_HDR (2).jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1
Actually... maybe I'll just tell him tonight.

Honestly, I'm in shock lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20150714_155613701_TOP (2).jpg
    IMG_20150714_155613701_TOP (2).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Tell him Krissy... It's too exciting not to

Congratulations and good luck tomorrow hope it's a great number.

Pinkie, how are you doing dear? :hugs: Have you gathered any new info? Please let us know if you start a journal. I would def stalk you!

Krissy, very nice!!! Congratulations!!! I agree, tell him, or show him the test!

Hello to everybody else

Hi Eab, I am doing ok thanks. We have got in touch with the fertility nurse and she has provided us with a lot of information about some clinics. We have narrowed it down to 3 so doing some more research before deciding which one to go with. I have a gut feeling about one of them so we'll see.

How are you doing? Have you had any further scans yet?

I finally started my journal today. It's was a long post! But its nice to now have somewhere to write all my feelings down while taking this next step.

Pinkie, definitely go with your gut feeling. That is what I did. I ended up driving almost three hours to a new fertility clinic, but it was all worth it!

I am doing well, I had a 10w scan and everything looked good. I cannot believe it!!! My NK cells activity is still a bit elevated but better then before. I have my first appointment with the midwife next week.

I am in the middle of a move across the US. It has been crazy... I will be stalking your journal once this is over! :hugs:

Eab, so pleased you are finally getting to move onto your midwife, how exciting.

Good luck with the move, I hope it isn't too stressful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->