Starting IVF/ICSI in July/Aug

Dwrgi so sorry to hear your eggs didn't fertilise. I have no idea why your egg to follicle ratio was so low. Hopefully the FS will be able to advise and suggest alternative meds next time. It's awful to have gone through that to have gone through all that. Huge hugs coming your way :hugs:

So sorry drwig! I hope you get your answers!

Nope not down regging yet i start that on Sunday so soon! I'll be doing one suprefact injection a day for two weeks and if all is good then I start stimms on sept 10!

Dwrgi so sorry. :hugs:

My transfer went great. Transferred 2 top grade embryos. The rest of our embryos didn't make it to freeze. [-o< that this works cause this is our last shot.

Hi ladies-I also had 2 embryo's transferred on Friday so the wait has begun. Good luck to everyone x x x

Thanks everyone and good luck with your 2WW! Am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you all!

I'm still completely at a loss and sooooooo disappointed-it's constantly on my mind. But hey ho, it could have been worse.

Hope you're all having a good weekend,
Axxxxxx

Drwig let us know how your follow up apt goes. I hope they can give you some good news.

Hello everyone, sorry I have been MIA on holiday and have missed loads so will have to have a good old read through the last pages, but quickly :hugs: to drwgi sorry to hear about your poor little eggies and them not fertilising. Although we got 8 out of 14, I think we too could have not had any if we only had 2 to start with, we would have had to have had a lot of luck to get them fertilised as it's such a lottery :( but hopefully your fs will give some suggestion as how to improve number of eggs, maybe different stim drug?

:hugs: wallie and loulou on your bfn. Sorry to hear that as it's so hard :( xxxx

Congratulations to lelia and I hope the spotting will ease for you xxx

Afm I have blood test tomorrow and so hopefully I can post some nice news fx xx

Good luck on your test tomorrow liz, I don't know how you guys don't test on your own!

Good luck for tomorrow lizlemon:thumbup::thumbup:

My blood test is on Wednesday. When I had my first IVF in April AF appeared the day before my blood test - I am [-o< that this doesnt happen this time - I am a nervous wreck.

I got my first ever :bfp: !!!!!!! My beta number was 270 and having second one on Friday! So now the worry of everything keeping ok begins!

Hi everyone, im new on here and im due to start IVF really soon. Got my appointment to go back and get my first IVF appoinment today at the Birminghmam womens hospital. Were really excited but nervous and we have to pay for treatment as i already have a son from past relationship!!

Liz, congratulations!!! Wooohooo!!! Fx that everything goes well here onwards! :happydance:

hi thomas, welcome to BandB this thread :) Do you know what protocol you'll be doing?

WHat is the difference between protocols? I've heard a few different things like short is without down regging and long is with it but I've also heard short protocol is a shorter period for down regging where as long is a much longer time allotted for down regging?

Welcome!

Kelly, my understanding also of short protocol is not having down reg. I'm not really sure about shorter down reg. In my clinic, 2 weeks of down reg plus 2 weeks of stimming is still called a long protocol.

I got this from this website https://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2007/jul/04/health.medicineandhealth1:

"There are two basic protocols for conventional IVF - the long and the short. In the long protocol, drugs are given in a nasal spray or injections to stop the ovaries and throw the woman into a temporary menopause that can last for some weeks. The process is known as "down regulation". Then she will be taught to inject herself with another drug under the skin every day for a further week and a half to stimulate the ovaries to produce many eggs. Finally, a third drug is injected to make the eggs ripen ready for egg collection. The short protocol takes roughly four weeks as opposed to about six, is matched to the woman's cycle and involves less of the initial ovary suppression drug."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->