Starting my own job business from home, update of how the 1st craft fair went 12/02

katrina1987

2 boys and Twin girls
Reaction score
Well when I was heavily pregnant with our DS no2 in sep, oct and nov I really got into my sewing and thought I could actually do something with this, since then I have been making cushions, patchwork blankets, baby cubes, taggies and hanging hearts. I have also got a few more crafty ideas to make my stall stand out. I am aiming to do atleast 2craft fairs or stalls a month. My first one this year is the 11th feb and im so excited with it being a few days before valentines, so im pulling out all the stops with new ideas. I done some business cards online yesterday only 50, because as I say I need to test the waters first and see how a couple go really. Does anyone have any advice for me or extra ideas? Would anyone like to see some of the things I have made and cast an honest opinion on them, Id hate to go along and for people to look and think poor cow she can't sew or my stuff is awful lol and poor old hubby is sick of looking at my things I make, he has to hear about it everyday! Its something Id really like to go far with, I have a whole year to make it work before I have to start looking for a job next february. Id love to work from home with my 2sons, it would be fab :thumbup:

Attachments

• 100_0171.jpg
    100_0171.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_0174.jpg
    100_0174.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_0177.jpg
    100_0177.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_0181.jpg
    100_0181.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 63
  • 100_0182.jpg
    100_0182.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 63
oooh i would love to see what youve done!!!

LO is in need of a new taggie soon i think. x

me too my lo needs a taggie as he doesnt have one and sucks the tags on everything

so what do you guys think? Im in the process of finishing a patchwork blanket and a few other projects aswel, do you think I could sell these

They are lovely, wish I was as creative

ooooh i love the fabrics youve used!!!!! x

Wow their lovely I would say go for it,I think you'd have a lot of people interested

They're lovely. I've been getting into sewing too but not as good as you yet!

Personalised items seem to be popular at the moment. Maybe when you're at your craft fair you could take orders for personalised items?? Like with initials or names on.

Good luck with it. I'd love to do what you're doing.
x

I have been putting words on cushions linked to valentines day like Love, cute and things like that and also a lot of cushions with mum on them, Im in the process of finishing a moses basket blanket for a baby girl, I don't have a machine so everything I do is completely by hand and takes a long time aswel. Im saving for a machine or hopefully get one for my birthday, Ill get stuff made much quicker that way atleast

Thanks for all the comments laides, Its made me more determined and excited about my first craft fair in Feb, bring it on

They are beautiful x I agree with Laurajo about doing personalised ones too x
Good Luck with your new venture x

If you go into the personalisation side of it with maybe a name, initial or dob on them then I most deffinetly think youv got a good talent there to make money from

Ok so it was my 2nd craft fair and this was an absolute disaster! :cry:
Nobody come along, I think only 20 odd people came due to the weather and being so cold, so instead I was out of pocket! I went to soo much effot in making everything, but heres some pics of my stall of everything that I made. I sold 2items a baby cushion and a matching baby cube so have tried putting some of it on facebook today to see if I can make some money back after all the table cost me plus getting there, what do you think to my stall though?

Attachments

• 100_0305.jpg
    100_0305.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_0306.jpg
    100_0306.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 24

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads