Starting Solids and a "6 month slump"?

Biotechick829

Reaction score
We started LO on solids 2 weeks ago. Since then I've noticed a dramatic drop in my supply. LO eats a lot of breastmilk (I provide daycare with three 6.5oz bottles while she's there 7:30am-4:30pm and she still "leaves only a little bit") and I had been doing great with keeping up with pumping while at work, but these last 2 weeks I've really been struggling and being short 3-5 oz each day. Even if I pump every 2 hours and have an extra pump before bed I'm not able to make enough for next day's bottles. I nurse on demand when I'm home and this weekend she fed great, just about the same times as her bottles at daycare. She'll eat 2-3 oz homemade puree for dinner. Also, she's just about sleeping through the entire night (6pm-6am) without wanting a feed, but there's an occasional night she'll wake up once.

What could be going on? I thought if it was a temporary slump it would have resolved itself by now. Shouldn't she be eating the same amount of milk for at least a couple more months? My freezer stash is really hurting by having to supplement (I really try not to use the freezer stash, but I can't pump every hour lol!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->