Starting Solids

Agiboma

ME+DS+DD+DH
Reaction score
Well Michael is almost 4 months corrected, his neonatologist said we can start solids anytime after 4 months corrected, so i am thinking like maybe in the coming weeks i will start him on solids, i am thinking rice cereal, so my question is what did you start you LO on? Also how much time did you give befor introducing another solid. i,e a few days or a week?
Did you also wait for your LO to show signs of wanting solids or did you just flat out start them on it?
any help would be so appreciated.
thanks

I just started rosalie on baby rice so i could take it slowly and kept her on the same bottles until now shes started to drop the bottles herself to 2 a day - she wasnt keen on the rice but like the baby puddings etc x

Following uk guidelines you wean between 5-7 month actual so I held off to near 7 months 3 1/2 corrected. She was showing no signs whatsoever of wanting but when I gave her it she took it. I gave her baby rice for first feed but quickly moved on to butternut squash, sweet potato, banana etc. All of them mixed with ebm. I started on small amounts once a day for about 3 weeks then 2 meals and gradually 3. I kept the meals quite small so I didn't affect her milk intake. Once she was 6 months corrected I increased them and added dairy, meat & finger food which cut down the number of milk feeds she had.

Unfortunately there is little help weaning prems. The consultant said to me there was plenty of opinions out there but no hard evidence to back them up and to go with what we felt comfortable with.

Main thing is try and enjoy it because as long as he is getting milk over the next few months the weaning is just to get them used to tastes & textures.

omg look at micah !!!! look at the chubby cheeks hes come so so far now hes absolutely amazing! i hadnt seen yr avatar till now hun cant believe hes got so big hes a superstar x

Congratulations, Michael is going good...i recall the last time i saw her pic she might have been 1 month old..or so.
With our little one, we started weaning her around 5 months corrected (she is a 25 weeker) and by that time she was munching on her toys, fingers, cloth ..say anything.
The pediatrician advised to give cooked and blended vegetable paste (carrot, peas, sweet potato, potato...) and mixed with ebm and fortunately she liked it. We initaillay fed her once a day for almost 2 weeks and then on 2-3 times as day and now we have switched over to rice and cereals. So far so good.
Weaning is really an enjoyment in itself, wish you have a good time.
And provide with sufficient fluids as babies are prone to constipation when switching to solid foods.

you know he has been chewing his hands i was not sure if that is a sign but i still wanted to wait another 4 weeks befor i introduce solids he will be 5 months corrected then he is also a 25 weeker

@ emmie yes i also think he is a super star :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->