Starting to feel real !

T

TeddysGirl

Finally started to realise that in a few months time I will have a little baby boy in my arms.

Now I'm starting to panic about getting nursery sorted.

Spent all day yesterday washing and folding clothes and putting them in a zip up bag because we don't have ANY furniture in the nursery at the moment. It still needs wallpapering, painting, new curtains, bedding, cot mattress etc. Just want it sorted now.

We are hoping to use reuseable nappies and still haven't got those !

Aurgh !!!! Keep trying to remind myself a lot can get done in 13 weeks so it will get done ! I hope.....

13 weeks is plenty of time. I've got about 6.5 weeks left and still don't have it all done. A friend has a 2-month-old and they haven't even started on the nursery. I WOULD recommend that you get started on your cloth diaper stash now, though, because diapers are one of the must-haves even if you are otherwise unprepared! :)

Thanks guys !

I think it's just frustrating because I've done everything I need to do to nursery (because if being off work because of redundancy) like cleaning and stuff, now I have to wait for OH to do the painting, wallpapering, moving furniture etc before I can start putting away clothes and stuff.

We have a few nappies, we have some bambino mio miosoft ones but only 4 covers and 5 liners so still have loads more to get, we are planning on getting different brands second hand so we know what ones suit our LO best before buying loads of one type.

Seems like everything we have brought so far is second hand ! The travel system was £25 from eBay, the cot we are using is OH's old cot from when he was a baby and now second hand nappies aswell, when I see couples in mothercare buying brand new stuff I feel like I'm missing out on that exciting part because, although we can afford brand new, OH loves saving money ! Sorry I sound spoilt !

Everything I've bought so far has been second hand too! I kinda did mind at first, but the amount of money we've saved from it is huge and we could never have afforded to get everything new...
I get what you mean though - although we looked around shops to get ideas of what we wanted, we never got that excitement of choosing something and paying for it like we saw so many others doing.

I'm not ready either btw; haven't even got most of the stuff needed for my hospital bag, yet let alone everything for the baby..! Third trimester is dragging for me so far though so I don't feel in a huge rush any more. Don't worry we have lots of time yet :)

Seems like everything we have brought so far is second hand ! The travel system was £25 from eBay, the cot we are using is OH's old cot from when he was a baby and now second hand nappies aswell, when I see couples in mothercare buying brand new stuff I feel like I'm missing out on that exciting part because, although we can afford brand new, OH loves saving money ! Sorry I sound spoilt !
All you're missing out on is an empty bank account!:haha: I picked up 20+ Fuzzibuns and Romperooz used but looking brand new for $100. If I'd bought retail they would have been well over $500. The lady I bought them from gave me 2 big rolls of liners and a wet bag too :happydance:

We've already got the vacation planned for next year that we'll take with all the dosh we've saved (Ireland). Our crib was $550 new and we got it used for $200, the change table & gorgeous chest of drawers was regular $1600 and we got it for $250, the infant carrier still had a warrantee on it was close to $200 new and we paid $50. These things add up, I'd rather set my child's Uni fund up and take lovely annual holidays than spend heaps of $$$ buying everything new in the stores (making someone else rich). Ebay has such cute clothes too, baby gap fair isle onsies, argyle knits, North Face bunting suits for next to nothing!

Thanks guys.

Would just be nice to have matching nursery furniture I guess. We haven't even gone out shopping for LO's first outfit. It's not necessarily the buying I feel like I'm missing out on, more the shopping and getting excited.

Aw don't stress, you have lots of time! I'm being induced today and I still haven't bought LO's coming home outfit, or indeed any clothing bar 1 cardigan... oops :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:. Why not do a little window shopping (or on-line), have fun looking at all the cute outfits you could get,and then go and pick one? Same with nappies :). And you'd be surprised at how picking up a few little bits here and there like adding a packet of maternity pads and some cotton wool in with your weekly shop adds up to a nice stockpile :)

Hi there, I am 32wks and haven't done the nursery either! Waiting for DH to move all his stuff out of it. I'm finishing work at 34wks so plan to get everything done after that! I have everything, just need to set it all up, and I know what you mean, I really want to get it done! we have got most things second hand as well, I don't see the point in buying new. Why don't you buy a nice first outfit, that might make you feel a bit better :)

Most of our stuff is secondhand, ESPECIALLY the cloth diapers! Why pay $25 per dipe when I can get them for a few bucks apiece, gently used? I could never have afforded my stash if I'd bought them new. We got our crib for $5 (missing hardware - the company is sending us replacements), bought most of our swings/chairs/playmats/a bunch of maternity clothes/etc. as part of a very gently used lot for $75. I even encouraged guests for the baby shower to bring secondhand items, if they were so inclined -- and we got so much more stuff that way, because people were able to stretch their budgets. No shame in it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->