Starting to get discouraged

1Casey27

Reaction score
My period was due today and although it hasn't showed yet, I'm having period cramps and I feel like it's coming. Sigh. I'm trying to not get my hopes up. I don't want to be disappointed. Has anyone else had period cramps the day your period was suppose to come and ended up pregnant?

I had period cramps off and on all throughout the first tri. I still get them occasionaly now and I'm 18 weeks. Not trying to get your hopes up, but most people have those cramps, especially early on like that. Good luck!

I had period cramps a couple days before and after my period due date with all three of my pregnancies. I actually felt totally normal.. Good luck!

Thanks ladies :) I'm not trying to get my hopes up. Just seeing if it's a normal thing. Thanks again.

My period was due today and although it hasn't showed yet, I'm having period cramps and I feel like it's coming. Sigh. I'm trying to not get my hopes up. I don't want to be disappointed. Has anyone else had period cramps the day your period was suppose to come and ended up pregnant?

I had constant cramping that felt exactly like pre-period cramps. Fully expected my period to come and it kept not showing up! When I waited for cd 41 because I didn't want to test and "waste" a test or make myself look/feel silly, I finally made myself test, totally expecting to see no line (although I did know I was pregnant, but I kept disregarding that because I didn't want to feel silly if the period I thought was coming ever showed up) I kept cramping even as I looked at my BFP in disbelief, kept cramping that afternoon when I tested again and got another BFP. Kept cramping for a few weeks after my BFP, with it gradually starting to cramp on and off and less and less frequently until I wasn't cramping anymore really unless I wore tight clothes. It was so hard for me to believe that first test because my cramping felt just like pre-period cramps, but think about it - pregnancy occurs in your UTERUS. Your uterus is the same body part affected in your menstrual cycle. It totally makes sense that the pains would feel exactly alike.

So don't give up hope yet! Girls on this board as well as other pregnant friends of mine, two doctors and my midwife all said cramping is normal.

You should test! Go grab a FRER! If you are pregnant, know that cramping is normal. If you are not, know that there is always next cycle! <3 :hugs: I hope it's the outcome you want!

If it doesn't show by tomorrow afternoon, I'll buy a test and take it Tuesday morning. Thanks for the encouragement :)

If it doesn't show by tomorrow afternoon, I'll buy a test and take it Tuesday morning. Thanks for the encouragement :)

No worries! I can't wait to hear and I hope you get your BFP! :happydance: :hugs:

Yes verrry normal...I had period cramps with all 3 of my pregnancies, before and after af was due!!

I tested 9 days early because I had an inkling I was pregnant and got a postive... Lol! Period was due Saturday and yesterday evening I felt terrible like a sick feeling really low down and again with it this morning no bleeding yet (fingers crossed) just hoping it's all normal!

To answer your question, YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! OMG that was one of my 1st symptoms. I was cramping all day like I was going to start any minute, but no period. Test now! I hope this is it for you! :)

Oh, and you don't really need to wait til morning to take a test. I've gotten positives on internet cheapies at 9 DPO twice with afternoon/evening urine. :thumbsup:

Oh my goodness! Yes, yes, yes to period cramps! I went to the doctor for the first time at 5 weeks and 1 day and told her that I feel like I'm on my period and it's so awful!!! She told me that almost everyone feels that way! She said that drinking a lot of water would help dramatically. IT DID! I can always tell when I haven't drank enough water for the day, I start to feel "period cramps", so I'll drink a bottle of water and they go away within MINUTES! Good luck, girl!

Yes! I was convinced my period was about to start (I was 11 DPO and having horrible cramps like normal) but was way more emotional than usual (cried for no reason lol) so my husband insisted we buy a test that night so I could test in the morning. We were at the store around midnight :haha:

Sure enough, next morning I got a faint positive :happydance:

I hope you get your BFP very soon! :D

I had them before both BFPs ! I don't know how you can wait so long to test, I would have peed on every stick i could find by now! Xx

Haha. Thanks ladies! Still no period, it just really feels like I have it. Just with out the bleeding. I'm terrified every time I wipe. Haha. I haven't tested yet because I wanted to make sure my period wasn't coming. If I would've tested days before my period was supposed to show and it ended up positive, I would be really freaking out with the cramping. Now, I'm just hoping my period doesn't come. I also think that most of my cramping is gas. Hahaha. Tomorrow is the day I test. Crossing my fingers for :af::bfp:

I have the tests in hand! I'm testing in the morning!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->