starting to get sad

Reaction score
so i will be having a planned c section, this will be my 2nd , 1st wasnt planed, but ive been looking in 3rd tri seeing how women are waiting for labor, and loosing their plug, and water breaks, i wont get to experience any of that :( ive wanted to have a natural birth, dont get me wrong im glad ill know when my baby will be here , and everyone can take off work and all, but i still wanted to experience it, anyone else??

Im not familiar with c-section.... But I always thought YOU COULD experience some of those things, minus the actual birth.... I lost my plug and waited days for water breakage. I thought that even some women who have scheduled section, can go into labor...i dont know... Maybe im mistaken. But have you spoken to your dr? Is there no possibility for vbac?

I feel the same, apart from I have never had a section. But i've always been induced. So feel like i've never had the watching the clock, checking & guessing whether it's labour or not. Always on wat day i'm having baby. I just have to remind myself it's best thing for baby & mummy to be safe xx

My dr wont do vbac, i guess its true id be obessing every minute thinking labor was happening, not sure if labor still happens with planned section, do they still check ur cervix at appts with planned section?

Labor can definitely still happen! No body has told baby is has to wait till the planned day. Lol. So yoi can still be on the lookout.

You could still go into labor before your c-section date. In which case they'd have to move up your section. But don't be sad. Every woman has a different experience, some good, some bad, and all different, but really the main point is to get your child out, so it really shouldn't matter how your baby gets here.

I had an emcs with my first and will be having elective section with this one, and I don't regret a thing. Yeah I wonder what it would be like to go through labor and contractions and pushing and stuff, or having the baby brought right up to you when it comes out... but it's more of a "I wonder what it would be like" feeling that anything else.

I'll be honest and this is my personal thought and everyone is entitled to their own, but I like to look at the positives. I read some really scary stories about tearing down there, or enduring days of labor, or the ring of fire... the list could go on... so then I think well hey yeah I'm missing out on the natural side of it but at least I don't have to worry about some of that stuff. I know some women probably disagree and would tell me that's part of the beauty of childbirth and it's worth it, etc. and I would tend to agree, but since I've never experienced it and never will, this is what I know and I'm more comfortable going in knowing what to expect with the section than going into labor and not having a clue what might happen or how long I'll labor or how I'll handle the pain or if complications will arise. Just my opinion. :)

I feel better, as long as she's here safe, i just hated the revovery time

Try to see it as a positive, you'll know when you're going to meet your baby :) you won't be sitting around really hoping and praying each day it's going to happen as you'll know when it's going to happen. I always think that if there's something that's out of your control then it's best to just try to concentrate on the benefits. Also as the previous people have said you could still go into labour before your planned c section date. Also I've heard good things about planned sections, they're supposed to be far more relaxed etc. the recovery time is one thing that puts me off the idea of one but if I needed one then I would.

Is it possible to find a doc that does vbac in your area? :flower:

I know how you feel, I had a great birth experience with my DD - very straight forward vaginal birth with gas and air. I was hoping for a similar experience this time around too. However, at my 20 week scan the sonographer identified partial placenta previa. I am hoping it will move but there is a small chance I will have to have a planned C Section. I am happy to do whatever needs to be done for baby but I do feel a bit wistful that things may not be the same this time.

Why do you have to have another section? No one can make you do it you can only be advised unless it will actually kill you or your baby.

I have been highly recommended by consultants to have another section because of major complications with my 1st (ended with an emergency section under general anaesthetic). I am happy to do this because there is no way I plan on putting either of our lives on the line. I was told by my consultant they couldn't make me have one but it is strongly recommended.

I do believe in each to their own and we all have our own preferences but I believe in focusing on the positives.

Hey, think of it this way. Some women will do all that waiting around for nothing. Last pregnancy, I lost my plug, had my waters gush out on their own, but......ended up with a csection anyway. I had wanted a natural birth, no pain medication, and I got none of that. This time around they want me to have another csection due to being high risk, and I'm just thankful that I know what to expect this time, in a way. Last time I sat there for hours only for Micah to get stuck in the end and I wasn't progressing enough. I was so hopeful and the disappointment was insane.

This time I won't have too much of that. It isn't so bad. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->