Starting to obsess!!!!

coccyx

Reaction score
Flat heads!! Have read a little about this and although this is my fourth baby , I keep checking my sons head! He is not keen on tummy time , but spends a lot of time sleeping on my chest, so not always resting head on a flat surface. Seems to be alot of differing opinions, Any thoughts/experience ladies?:dohh:

well, I was only a little worried about Oscar. Then one day we weree at baby clinic and the health visitor said that IF i was worried to make an appointment with the doc.
This, of course, made me worry like hell.

So we went to the doc and she said there is nothing to wory about, its common, moreso these days and his dad probably has a flat head too.

she said as long as the front and sides are the right shape, he's fine. :D

:happydance:thanks, i'm glad its not just me. just something else for us to worry about.I know when i had my daughter ,10 years ago,this was rarely mentioned.

Hi my little brother has this...... When he was little all he would do is put his head to one side no matter whatthe back of his head towards one side was kinda diagonal if that makes sense.
He is now 14 and still has it to a degree but with his hair now its not noticable so much and think it filled out a bit xxxxxxxxxxxxx it did look odd at the time though lol

I worry about this with Seth atm too. The back of his head seems very slightly flat, but he doesn't have his head on a hard surface most of the time. I have tried to keep his head on a soft surface or to it's side, and he does lie on his tummy too.

Is there anything we can do to stop it getting worse? Does it go back to normal shape? and is it just cosmetic (i.e. wont damage him health wise)?

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->