starting weaning

Think after 6 months milk isnt enough to satisfy them which is why you should start weaning by then. By 6 months theyre physically ready for solids and I guess they show an interest in food.

they say after 6 months they dont get all they need from milk and they need food to supplement it. also if you wait after 6 months they might not take to it as easily and cos eating/chewing helps speech it can delay speech cos its the same muscles and stuff xx

Well alot of people are going to disagree with me I'm sure lol. BUT I know many people who do no solids at all for the full first year, just breastmilk alone. I think that some babies might have problems with low iron or something like that, but I knwo alot of these babies are fully healthy, never had thoes problems at all. I think you can read your baby, if you feel they aren't ready and are doing juts fine on milk alone then they are fine not to have the solids. Most babies will get what they need from breastmilk and just having a healthy lifestyle...going outside (vit d), the mom eating healthy. Solids in the first year are really just for introducing new flavors and textures, not for nutrition. Some does offer stuff like iron, or other things but many people believe they aren't needed in the first year anyways. Hayden we did start trying at 6mo but he seriously ate maybe 10 bites from 6mo-9mo he just hated solids. Even after that it was once a day if that for awhile..he didn't make it to 3 meals a day until like 14mo. He had iron levels tested and tested for other vitamins (he only nursed, no supplements of anything else) and was never even slightly low on anything.

I agree some kids are fine without solids untill a year. Not many, but some! x

Your baby will let you know. :) They are amazing. By 6/7 months, ellie will show you lots of shows that she might be ready for weaning such as sitting up, grabbing food, watching you eat, etc.

I believe that when they are ready, their digestive systems are ready and they need to start eating food they will let you know :) Like mommyof3co says, many babies don't even start eating food properly until they are 8/9 months. Until then they are still getting a lot of nutrition from milk while they explore their new foods.

Niamh is almost 6 months and I told my HV I was following Baby Led Weaning. She wanted me to start to put weight on Niamh, but in terms of health said it would be fine if I wanted to wait.

I weaned both of mine from 4 months, hungery babies! x

I was advised to not even start weaning to Six months, as others have said babies systems are not ready until this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->