Starving but nothing sounds good. Tell me your go to food..

MnGmakes3

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
I've made 3 quazi dinners since I got home and haven't finished any of them. .. just nibbles here and there. I'm so hungry I feel like a prisoner in my own body. NOTHING sounds good right now.
Anyone else go through this? I've been starving all day (even though I ate 3 huge bowls of fruit, 2 pieces of pizza, some french fries, a bite of a taco and an apple.

What's your go to food when nothing sounds appealing?

I'm in same boat �� don't really fancy anything
I've had
2 plums
a handful of Doritos and dip
1 satsuma
1 packet of plantain chips
1 muller yoghurt
4 wisps bites
4 dried apricots

I still feel hungry but don't fancy cooking anything or don't know wat to eat lol

I'm so glad I'm not alone. This is the most helpless I've ever felt. I just had some pineapple and it's all nor satiating my hunger. .. what gives?!!

What exactly is a satsuma?

Maybe baby wants a big juicy steak or fried chicken or some sort of protein. I feel that protein definitely help a lot. Tonight I'm having wendy's chicken sandwich. It just sounds good to me right now :)

Definitely not wanting steak. That just doesn't sound apealing at all. I've tried to nibble on everything I can think of that's readily available and nothing is hitting the spot. I have a feeling I'll be waking up ravenous. :hissy:

I'm in the opposite end of the spectrum. I feel like I am constantly starving, but I'm so nauseous that even though everything sounds good, the moment I eat, I regret it. I'm keeping it down, but I feel sick after and have lots of acid reflux. Bleh!

Though I keep thinking about dinner tonight (leftover pot roast and veggies) and it doesn't seem appetizing to me at all ... but I need to suck it up and eat it!

Acid reflux sucks. I have tums with me at all times because of it. I have given up trying to soothe my nausea. I've tried sea bands and ginger gums recently. Ginger gums seemed to help a bit. I just embrace it at this point. Hopefully, it'll go away in a few weeks.

Mng, how bout something carby then? hopefully tomorrow will be better for you.

I haven't started any weird cravings or aversions yet. But I have been wanting eggs and mint chocolate for some reason. Lol

I had 2 fried eggs and toast for breakfast and half a banana.
Lunch I had a bowl of tomato soup, crackers and green grapes.
Dinner I had Shepard's Pie.
And I've snacked in goldfish crackers, and now I'm snacking on some S&V chips. Hehe

Greek Liberte plain yoghurt + nuts + honey
Pepperoni sticks + sauerkraut
Salty seaweed chips
Cheese n pickles/olives
Cottage cheese + fruit
Sugar free jello + whip cream (infrequently too many artificial chemicals)
Hard boiled eggs
Brownies made of banana, coconut, Apple sauce... Freezer section all natural no wheat
Kiwi, bananas, mangos, apples + peanut butter, berries

Dinners:
Hot n sour home made soup
Stir fry with veggies & pork, teriyaki sauce
Salads ie caprice, hale to the kale, cilantro Mexican with guac & salsa

I'm with Dill. I'm always hungry but everything tastes funny and I just take a few bites... except meat: burgers, steaks, sausages, you name it! I could it that the whole day! With all this protein I'm suspecting this may be a boy haha.

And I've loved my sweets my whole life... but now even the smell makes me sick! My students gave me chocolate for Valentine's and DH ended up eating them! Actually that was the first "pregnancy symptom" I had if any LOL.

I usually didn't find out about my food aversion until I ate it. So far, babies didn't like cake (it all went back out), not too fond of bagels (super nauseous afterward), but love fruit and veggies like there is no tomorrow.

Talking bout genders. I've read recently that there was a doctor, who conducted a gender test by where the babies were located. 2000 women were given early ultrasound, around 6 weeks or so, and if the baby is located on your right then most likely it's a boy and left for the girl. How true it Is? Who knows? Just thought to share something fun :)

I also read that moms who ate chocolate have smilier babies, apples help with ashtma, and eating peanut could help with peanut allergy. Again, it's just something I read.. :)

Everyone I know has been different during the "sick days", but the few things I could eat were

-Plain bagels and cream cheese
-Bean burritos (flour tortilla, home boiled and salted pinto beans, sour cream)
-Most fruit. DH would buy it for me pre-chopped so I didn't have to make any effort to get a few vitamins in!
-Candy :blush:
-Mineral water
I found sucking on lemons helped distract my nausea, but didn't exactly take it away.
And to be honest that was about it for a few weeks. Everything else had something that grossed me out.

I was nervous about my poor diet because I wanted to eat well but everything was g-r-o-s-s and I was SO exhausted I didn't want to cook anything. But! The baby is so small early on and will take what it needs from what you've got in your reserves, so to speak. As soon as you are able you can start eating healthy :)

Good luck!

I am a bit the same myself. I'm vegetarian so it is even more difficult. I took a craving for crepes so I had a crepe and lurpak for my dinner last night. My partner made a lovely healthy stir fry and I could only eat a tiny bit!

My go-to food is chips and cheese from a chippy! It's ridiculously bad for me but I think my body is saying "get as many calories in when we have the chance!" - I am completely off sweet foods, I haven't eaten chocolate in nearly a month. I seem to crave cheese and carbs (but my ultimate favourite food, macaroni cheese aka pure carbs and cheese makes me feel sick!)

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this.
Plain carbs do settle my belly in the mornings (plain bagels or dry eggos) but yesterday was the worst. I was trying everything in the house and still felt super hungry. I had 2 clementines right before bed and as i figured i woke up starving around 2am. Thankfully I feel fine this morning... had an eggo with Nutella and some fresh mango. Yum!

Talking bout genders. I've read recently that there was a doctor, who conducted a gender test by where the babies were located. 2000 women were given early ultrasound, around 6 weeks or so, and if the baby is located on your right then most likely it's a boy and left for the girl. How true it Is? Who knows? Just thought to share something fun :)

It's funny you mention that. Now that I think about it, I clearly remember feeling implantation pain on my right with my ds2 (can't remember with my ds1). This time I clearly felt it on my left. Maybe I'm having a girl? :haha: Very interesting concept, and I feel like I've read that before!

Cheese & crackers is basically all I've been eating.

When I feel up to it, a cheese & pickle sandwich.

And usually fruit: apples, pears, plums, cherries, grapes etc.

It's so hard! I find the more I snack, the less sick I feel.

I completely relate to this. I seem to be on an every-other-day sick as a dog routine. The rest of the time I have aversions to basically everything :( sweets sound awful. Like a pp said, I haven't had chocolate since I got my bfp! On my "good" days I have been eating Cole slaw, rice Ramen noodles (minus the broth), cold mac n cheese, some peaches/nectarines/grapes/pineapples. The bad days I sip on a protein shake and hope it stays down. This is much rougher than my previous pregnancies.

My mind keeps changing 1 minute I fancy something and then I don't for example I brought few meals for this week at asda on Thursday as I really wanted them and now I don't fancy any of the meals that I got in the freezer but can't keep wasting money on buying new meals and wasting the others

plus I been eating a lot of crisps as that the only thing I seem to want and fruit sometimes.. I really need to eat healthier feel so much heavier and I'm only 6 weeks

Carbs helped me a lot when I was at my hungriest between weeks 8-10. On a normal day I was eating:

7am - a bowl of porridge or cereal
9.30am - a yoghurt with granola or a bacon bagel
11am - half a cheese & ham sandwich
12.30pm - soup and a bread roll
3pm - the other half of my cheese & ham sandwich
5pm - fruit / cereal bar
8pm - usually something with rice or chips for dinner.

That sounds like I was a right pig whenwritten down! :rofl:
I'm happy to say though that from around 10.5 weeks my appetite slowed down a lot!

BTW - a satsuma is similar to a clementine but without the pips! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->