Statistics of miscarriage!

supersherwolf

Reaction score
Found this online that helped me relax a little bit and thought id share

https://www.pregnancyloss.info/info-howcommon.htm

oh well this made me worry even more! lol!! It says I have ... "Percentage Likelihood
of Miscarriage in Your Next Pregnancy..60% (you should have testing done after three concurrent miscarriages to determine cause and treatment).. I have had more than 3 miscarriages though. I found that my progesterone doesn't rise:therefore, I have to take supplements.

Were all your miscarriages concurrent? I also believe it means that if you have had three miscarriages, than got pregnant with your fourth without seeking treatment that you are likely to miscarry again. But if low progesterone was the reason for your previous 3 miscarriages and you're taking supplements than I don't think you're in the 60%.

3 m/c before my 1st born. 2 before my 2nd born. 2 before my 3rd born. And 2 before this pregnancy.
I found out about my low progesterone after the first m/c after my first born. My first child I had an ob that was very religious and told me I needed to get married ( I was with him for 4 years before we started trying.) After I had my first m/c after first born , I switched to a different ob and she pulled my charts and noticed with my first born my progesterone was low and I should had been on supplements. So my oldest is no doubt a miracle :) I feel like my first ob just didn't care about my miscarriages because I wasn't married

I've always been on the wrong side of statistics...all my MC were before my son. I spent hours looking at statistic after each loss hoping that for once I would be in the majority! We got testing done and discovered I have MTHFR...with treatment my 4th pregnancy was a success!
Now I'm pregnant again and I'm becoming more anxious about miscarrying...I'm not sure what side of the statistics I fall on now...

I've always been on the wrong side of statistics...all my MC were before my son. I spent hours looking at statistic after each loss hoping that for once I would be in the majority! We got testing done and discovered I have MTHFR...with treatment my 4th pregnancy was a success!
Now I'm pregnant again and I'm becoming more anxious about miscarrying...I'm not sure what side of the statistics I fall on now...
What's MTHFR if you don't mind me asking?

What's MTHFR if you don't mind me asking?

A genetic disorder/mutation that interfers with how your body absorbs folic acid. It is very common but most women don't find out they have it until after they've had multiple early losses. Treatment is just simply increasing folic acid in take (I need 10 times the amount of folic acid that are in prenatals)

Lol I'm in the 60% range also. 3 pregnancies. 3 miscarriages. But I do have an explanation for one of my losses (chromosomal abnormality). One was a chemical, which are very common.

Taking progesterone, baby aspirin, and extra folate this time around hoping for success at last!

Im 60% too, but currently on my 4th pregnancy at 11 weeks.. this is the furthest ive ever been and ive had a HB detected, so Im feeling very positive about this one!! FX!

and thanks for the link, thats very sweet of you :)

Thanks for posting! Very interesting and reassuring.

ha! i didn't know that the lack of the MTHFR function could interfere with pregnancy! things you learn on this forum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->