statistics!

Reaction score
im getting really p***** off reading things about how theres a 1 in 1000 babies are born with this and 1 in 500 are born with that or there is a 1 in 10,000 that the baby might be born with something else- its making me extreamily paranoid! it just makes me think that because there are so many health problems and disabilitys that a baby could potentially be born with, surely there's going to end up being something wrong with mine (touch wood)?! does reading these things worry anyone else?

They would if I read them, lol. I also avoid Tv shows about babies and births right now. I don't need more to stress about!

but theyre in all these different leaflets that the midwife has given me, so cant help but read!

I used to read all these things and watch the shows on tv - now i avoid them! I'm a born worrier and find at the moment its best not to know!! x

I read them and they actually give me comfort. So I guess I'm a bit opposite. I see them as, oh...ONLY 1 in 10,000 babies have this. That's pretty good chances that mine won't.

I live off stats for everything in my life. If I was good at math, I'd have done a stats degree

Ignore stats. If I looked at stats for my history, I'm truly f*cked :rofl:

yeah i worry to its not nice to read

I think it's important to know what COULD go wrong just incase it does. However, a statistic is a statistic and 1 in 100 is only a 1% chance!

Unfortunately you have to be informed of any risks. The chances of anything being 'wrong' are incredibly low, but if there was something wrong and no one had warned you that it COULD happen then you would probably be very upset and angry...

theres no point stressing about anything like that. Most of those things are a very small percentage of risk. Just enjoy your pregnancy :)

xxx

best to know what could go wrong....when i was told something was wrong with my baby, i didnt have a clue what it meant and it made it all so much harder to deal with. I never looked at any stats and didnt expect a thing. So it was a bolt out of the blue.

Even if something is wrong with your baby, it isnt the end of the world. There is no point in worrying yourself unecessarily! Learn the common problems and then forget about them. Or even leave the info entirely until you really need to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->