Staying in hospital

A

AppleBlossom

Assuming everything goes well, I was just wondering how long people were planning to stay in hospital for after they give birth?

6 hours hopefully. I don't think I could stand to be in there being pressured to breast feed for any longer than that.

As long as they will have me!
When I had my daughter 12 years ago i was desperate to get home but as soon as i did that was when the hard work began and the scary part! I liked having midwives on hand to help me and they would take my daughter away and look after her so i could rest, and believe it or not the food there was really quite good and all prepared for you!

My midwife has said this time because this is my 2nd i will be able to leave after 6 hours all going well, I'd love to stay longer though! But understand that they will need the bed so I will reluctantly come home where my Lovely man will look after me and LO:happydance:

The MW at my antenatal class said that she would recommend first time mums to stay in for 2/3 nights. Seems a long time but after a long think, I decided it might be best as I will probably need all the help I can get! I was planning on going as soon as I was allowed though

Think they throw you out here asap. 6 hours sounds about right.

The hospital is horrible anyway, spent a lot of time there when my ex was ill so I want to spend as little time there as possible. And there´s no other hospitals in the area (except private clinics) so I´ve no choice in where I go!!!!

I have no idea how long they usually keep people here :blush:

My midwife told me if all goes well it can be from 6-24hours XXX

here its 48 hours for a normal birth. I think thats ok.

i had callum at 3.30am and went home at 5pm the same day and to be quite honest with you i wish i had stayed overnight. I was in for 5 days with nicole cos she was poorly and that was a nightmare but i would defo recommend anyone to stay in for atleast one night!

i dont really want to stay over night but i guess it depend on what time baby comes, but i do want to make sure i'm well rested by the time i go home

I have to stay for at least 24 hours, cause the pediatrician will not release LO before then. I'm getting out of there ASAP.

I want to be in and out ASAP!! my 2 local ones are not that great on cleanliness ... one being a hotspot for MRSA so i just wana be in ... out and done!!

The hospital I'm in is one of the best in the country for aftercare on the maternity ward which has made me think it won't be too bad staying. I've never stayed over in hospital before!

I've never stayed over in hospital before!

Me either ... only ever stayed in a private one once and that was to get my boobs done and i was in and out in 24hrs so a baby cant be that much longer i figure :rofl::rofl:

Might sound odd, but I'm terrified of being sent home after 6 hours or so and then it getting to the middle of the night and not being able to feed the baby properly ad it all going horribly wrong!

Am I the only person who's worrying constantly about this?

Might sound odd, but I'm terrified of being sent home after 6 hours or so and then it getting to the middle of the night and not being able to feed the baby properly ad it all going horribly wrong!

Am I the only person who's worrying constantly about this?

I was worried about that too. Was so exhausted after 2 days of labour that I don't think I would have been ready to go home after 6 hours, but they did say they encourage people to stay until they're sure baby is feeding ok. They usually like to monitor them for the first 24 hours here (heart rate, breathing etc) but will let you leave earlier if you want to. I thought I'd get more sleep in the hospital but Sam slept all night and all the other babies kept me awake!

I'm not leaving until I have the latch going, and can breast-feed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->