StepKids - Plz plz help me!

Part of me feels sorry for him being under so much strain....and the other part says tell him to grow up and stop acting like a spoilt brat lol. Sorry again if its out of order! I bet once he has his alone time he'll wish you were there anyway! He sounds hormonal to me ;)

That's what I think. I feel bad for him as well. He says he feels like an old man because he can't even stay up past 9pm on his days off because he's so exhausted from the work week. I guess this is just another stepping stone to pass. Thank you for your responses. ;o)

You're more than welcome! Sorry I couldn't actually help! :hugs: xx

Just reading my vent and responding made me feel better. Thx.

Good luck on all your pregnancies ladies. I love my little guy, he completed my world!! I still miss having him growing inside of me though. Enjoy!!!

So many stories!! :hugs: and thanks to all of you!

So glad I came on here to vent and talk, it has made me feel so much better!
I know there'll be plenty more times in the future when I'm gonna be right back there feeling lost and angry again but its so reassuring to know I'm not the only one.
xxx

I know there'll be plenty more times in the future when I'm gonna be right back there feeling lost and angry again but its so reassuring to know I'm not the only one.
xxx

It did feel good to know that I wasn't alone as well. :thumbup:

xxx

It did feel good to know that I wasn't alone as well. :thumbup:

Ditto :)

Ok heres my story (could be long!)

I have 3 stepchildren from 2 different exs of my hubbys

The older 2 are now in their 20s and have their own homes, partners etc. Their Mum was a cow from the start even though he has split with her over 6 years earlier. The girls were 11 and 10 at the time and i was only 21 (i had my older 2 kids as well). Oh had been through the whole, using kids as weapons etc so hadnt had a great deal of regular contact over the years and the eldest was very bitter and jealous. She used to say things like 'you have spent 50p on Sam so i should get the same'.... or 'Oh dad i saw Sam yesterday with a man' etc... this went on for a while but things started to change and eventually we started to get on and when the eldest was 16, she decided to come and live with us as she hated it at home and resented how her mum had brought her up and kept her away from her dad. Her sister followed less than 6 months later and they both lived with us until they moved out.

My stepson, well he was 4 when i met him. And his Mum is a schitzophrenic. When me and oh got together, she moved and we didnt know where she was and when she did decide that she needed help with him (she struggles with her illness), we saw him as and when she felt like and oh had to go to court to get access. She eventually started letting him stay more when he was 8 and allowed him to stay every weekend. He was 8yrs old still pooing in his undies, had a lot of paranoias and a lot of problems. Hes now 16 and a mess. He sits at home all of the time apart from going to college. His only friend is his playstation 3. He doesnt leave the house apart from coming to ours ans college. He has a lot of social phobias due to the way his mum has brought him up and we have tried our hardest with him. Even went to social services but they were not interested. We have done what we can with him but its been bloody hard!

I always insisted in treating all the kids the same. Ive always spent the same a christmas, taken them on holidays, gave the same pocket money. I dont believe in treating them differently, they are my family too, just as much my hubbys kids as the ones ive had with him.Ive always treated them the same with discipline too and my hubby has with my 2 that arent his.

I do have to disagree with spoiling your own child whilst the stepkids are around(sorry to whoever said it, its just my experienced opinion!!) I just think thats so unfair. Its not their fault their parents split and to think that they are going to their own dads and their dads other child is getting spoilt and they are not, would be horrible for them

To the op, i wish you lots of luck and hope things turn out ok for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->