Sterelised milk. Is it ok in pregnancy and am I the only one who likes it :(

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Ok, so I know we're all advised to drink pasturised milk, but isnt steralized milk alot healthier? I dunno what the deal is with that milk, whether I have to boil it before I use it or not, but does anyone else out there like the milk and actually drink it?
Everyone I have asked seemed to be grossed out by the fact that I think its bloody lovely.

Just wondering if its ok for me to drink without boiling it up first! x x x

If it is sterilized then it has already been heated up to kill off all the germs. The only milk that is unsafe to drink during pregnancy is unpasturised milk.

Yes, I agree with Beanie - Sterilised milk is heat treated so there is no danger of it containing harmful bacteria.

I like sterilised milk but havn't had it since I was a child - My Nan used to have it delivered and we used to get told off for swigging it out the bottle lol.

Is that the long life stuff?

:sick: reminds me of when I went camping with school & leaked all over my bag & it stunk!

Is that the long life stuff?

:sick: reminds me of when I went camping with school & leaked all over my bag & it stunk!

No - The long life stuff is UHT - Ultra Heat Treated and comes in cartons.

Sterilised Milk usually comes in glass bottles that you have to take the lid off with a bottle opener....At least thats how you used to get it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->