sterilising

rosepetals36

Reaction score
Hi girlies :)

my LO is bottle fed, and just a query for everyone else who does same routine as me, i have a flask of boilin water and a bottle of cooled water. I make feed with 2 ounces of hot, and then top up with the cool water. The cool water is stored in a baby bottle....i don't rotate i keep the same one just to store water. I sterilise it every night...should i?? My oh pointed out that the flask isn't sterile....does everyone else sterilise the bottle the cooled water is stored in or am i wastin time doing it??

when i spoke to dr browns help line, they explained to me that steralizing is done as like a 100% deep clean, so any missed bits from washing gets a really thorough go.

you need to steralize anything that comes into contact with milk as thats where the harmful bacteria can be

its your own personal preference, when i did that method i used to wash it out every night and then fill with with boiled water and leave it then refill with the water i wanted to store, which i feel is sufficient, i think these things can go too far and we'd end up steralizing the kettle lol.

ive never steralized my tommy tippee which is the same method that you use

i sometimes do the same as you with the flask of hot and the baby bottle of cool water, mainly during the night and my OH does this during the day when im at work..
ill be honest, i sterilised the bottle, popped on the lid, which wasnt sterilised, and went from there..
the flask has also been used a few times for coffee, but the first time i used it i filled with boiling water and washing liquid, left for a bit, then rinsed and filled again with boiling water, left it and then used it. now i just empty and fill with boiling water..
also every night i change the bottle that has the cool water in for a sterile one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->