sterilization reversal..

janice1972

16, 15, and 7
Reaction score
i had my op done in april would like to hear from people who have also had this done, i live in hope every month, :kiss:

I've not had it but my friend had her reversal done and she got pregnant a month after her procedure and her son is 18 mos...

Tubaligation is considered a permanent method of female sterilization and women are usually told when having their tubes tied that it is irreversible. Although most women understand this, several studies have reported that approximately 10% of women who have undergone tubaligation procedures subsequently regret their decision and about 1% want to restore their fertility. Their treatment options are either reverse tubal surgery or in vitro fertilization (IVF).

I had a tubal reversal in May'08 but they were only able to save one tube ( left ) . We TTC on our own for 1 year ( we probably could have conceived on our own but we wanted to get this show on the road since I was almost 37 at the time) so we turned to IUI with injectables to conceive Emily in June'09..
We are now TTC on our own for #2 TR baby..
Good luck !!!

I had a tubal reversal in May'08 but they were only able to save one tube ( left ) . We TTC on our own for 1 year ( we probably could have conceived on our own but we wanted to get this show on the road since I was almost 37 at the time) so we turned to IUI with injectables to conceive Emily in June'09..
We are now TTC on our own for #2 TR baby..
Good luck !!!
hope it all goes well for you, i did a test this morning but it was a bfn i think it is too early tho cos im not due my period till thursday so im still crossing my fingers x

I've not had it but my friend had her reversal done and she got pregnant a month after her procedure and her son is 18 mos...
wow that was really quick im hoping that it will happen soon as im 39 an time isnt on my side lol x

Tubaligation is considered a permanent method of female sterilization and women are usually told when having their tubes tied that it is irreversible. Although most women understand this, several studies have reported that approximately 10% of women who have undergone tubaligation procedures subsequently regret their decision and about 1% want to restore their fertility. Their treatment options are either reverse tubal surgery or in vitro fertilization (IVF).

unfortunately i was in a bad relationship and was unable to use any protection as i was allergic to the pill if i used it i bled constantly i tried 1 and bled for 8 months solid, not nice so i got sterilized,, after taking 6 yrs of hell from my partner i finally got the courage to walk away, 1 yr later i met kris and it was magical even thou it took me about a year to let my guard down to him, he knew i had been sterilized and we decided to have it reversed, it was £3700. for the op a lot of money and if it works will be worth every penny. i will never forgive my ex for all the hurt he caused me but it made me a better person. unfortunately kris dad passed away a few weeks ago and our child would have been his first grandchild, god does things for a reason and im hoping he will give me a wish of a life time, to bring a baby into this world that will be greatly loved by both of us x

No matter the reason for getting the TL we are very blessed to be given a second chance at our fertility.
I am almost 39 ( Sept) so I know how you feel but since you have just had the TR a few months ago I wouldn't worry too much as of yet !

I had a Tubal ligation in 2002 ( tied only),after the birth of my 4th daughter regretted it that same year but my doctor kept telling me it was not reversible.

then I had a tubal reversal in 2007 ,it was successful and I was left with 7cm on each side
( tube length after the surgery is important anything less then 4cm and it will make conceiving almost impossible.)
I have been pregnant twice sence then although both ended in m/c
I dont think it has anything to do with the TL.
I had a HSG in 2009 and both tubes were found to be open
and HSG tech said it looks like the TR doctor did a excellent job.
So there is hope after a TL and TR. most actually can be successfully reversed with the right doctor. many of my TR friends have gone on to have babys.
I recommended having a HSG done because it is such peace of mind knowing the tubes are open. also many women have a BFP after the HSG.

Just another note: Another friend had a heart condition and the doctors told her it would not be wise to have any more children so she got a her tubes tied. Well 7 or 8 years later they grew back and she got pregnant. Had a healthly little girl but had to go into heart surgery right after having baby. Scary but she is okay now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->