Sterilized??

Eoz

Mummy of 5! Eeek!
Reaction score
Hi any one have any views on Sterilization?

I have been told today this is my only option as pregnancy is just to risky. I have lost 9 babies and Pregnancy is so hard for me.They will remove another growth and give me a full clean up as I have some Endometriosis again.I have tried several types of contraception none works for me and as I have had 4 children the consultant thinks this is the best route.So much so I am booked in for 6 weeks time.I'm just so confused and a bit upset as it seems quite final.I know I can try other avenues but I love being a mummy and holding my baby in my arms.But I am also lucky I have had 4 beautiful children and I know lots of people can't have 1.Grrr so con-fuddled xx

:hugs: It sure sounds like you've been through a lot hon.

I was going to have my tubes tied during my C-section with my second child, and I was 34 at that age. My gynecologist did say something that stuck in my head and that was, what if something happened to one of my children and I wanted another. I didn't get it done.

Surprise, surprise, at 38 I had a surprise pregnancy. Quite a shocker, but glad we have him.

I had my tubes tied during the C-section with him. Afterall, at 39 at that time, I wasn't having any more kids.

I would say, hon, you have your beautiful kids and if you've had tough pregnancies, would you want to go through that again? Perhaps enjoy what you have and await them to have grandkids in the future :)

I have heard that tubal litigation is not 100% effective but for the most part, not many do have pregnancies after it has been done. Am I happy that I have had mine done? Yes, because I don't have to worry about contraception. No, because since I have had it done I have had frequent periods where there are 2 weeks inbetween. Or longer periods too. Is it the cause of the tubal litigation...we shall see when I get tests done. Yet before I had mine done I read many stories on the internet that it has happened to many others after their tubal litigation.

A question to you is, would your OH be willing to have a vasectomy?

Leeanne has a very good point: a vasectomy is safer and easier to reverse. Why not explore that option instead of the tubal? That might be emotionally easier for you, as well.
Unless there are some sort of benefits from a tubal with endometriosis? I don't know enough about it, but is that why your doctor is recommending it?

My doctor wants to eliminate any chance of me becoming pregnant.My OH is a stubborn sod and wants to remain in tact lol

My main worry is that I will still get periods and that brings on Endometriosis. 5 months ago I had an emergency op to remove a 13cm cyst that had twisted and bleed.It's been slow growing over 7 years.so yes I won't get pregnant and all the upset that pregnancy brings will be gone but will it cure my other health issues?Unless I ask for scans every 6 months because of my condition?

Leanne.Were you well during and after the op?Has your body changed at all?Do you feel happier now?Sorry to ask so much but I have 6 weeks to get on top of it.I do get a counselling appt before hand and I do get a clean up during the op so it does have some pros.Oh and I'm having clips instead of ties.

Thank you ladies x

My mum had problems with cysts quite a few years after her tubal, but I have a faint memory that the doctor thought the two things might be linked.
I'd have to ask her.

thank you it'd be a big help x

My doctor wants to eliminate any chance of me becoming pregnant.My OH is a stubborn sod and wants to remain in tact lol

My main worry is that I will still get periods and that brings on Endometriosis. 5 months ago I had an emergency op to remove a 13cm cyst that had twisted and bleed.It's been slow growing over 7 years.so yes I won't get pregnant and all the upset that pregnancy brings will be gone but will it cure my other health issues?Unless I ask for scans every 6 months because of my condition?

Leanne.Were you well during and after the op?Has your body changed at all?Do you feel happier now?Sorry to ask so much but I have 6 weeks to get on top of it.I do get a counselling appt before hand and I do get a clean up during the op so it does have some pros.Oh and I'm having clips instead of ties.

Thank you ladies x

Honestly, happier, in a bit of a way that I don't have to worry about contraception.

Not happier that my periods are more frequent and/or longer. My energy is down and so is my sex drive because of it. I have to get some tests done to see what is up and if it was the tubal litigation that caused it, but I know that one problem is that I am ovulating a few days after my period ends.

Have you looked into the merina? coil? My friend has it in and it lasts 5 years and she doesn't get a period. Possible light spotting every month but that's it. If I had known about this, I probably would have had this instead of a tubal litigation.

https://www.womens-health.co.uk/mirena.asp

EDIT: Having read through the above article I am not sure I like the risks involved with this contraception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->