• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Steroid injection home or hospital?

Jess.Taylor21

mum and expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

My consultant has decided that if my scan on Wednesday shows that baby still hasn't grown then they will be delivering baby early at 33 weeks. She also mentioned having steroids on Wednesday after my scan, I had these with my daughter but I was already admitted in hospital so I had them there, so Im just wondering because you have to have 3 a day for 3 days will they admit me to have the full course or just send me home with them? I'm only asking because I'm panicking as If they do need to admit me I need to find some childcare for my daughter as hubby is away next week! Panic mode has certainly set in 😱

Jess xx

I just got done with the steroids for babies lungs, it was 2 shots 24 hours apart. Had to go in to the hospital to get them but didn't have to stay past the shot and a little while on the monitor. Wasn't totally child friendly but better than staying in. 3 shots for 3 days is insane, can they not do the 2 shots? At least that would cut back the to and fro :hugs:

Good luck for wednesday:hugs: 33 weeks is a good gestation, if your LO has to be born then. The steroids will make a massive difference! My 33 weeker did really well in the NICU, we got out really fast and I put that down to the steroids. Its really scary, the prospect of a preemie and the unexpected but you're at a great gestation and getting the right help ready for baby, we're all here for you too:hugs:

Here they do the two twenty four hours apart and you can just go in. Good luck for Wednesday x

Thanks so much ladies :) things may have changed since my daughter and it may have only been 3 a day for 3 days because I was earlier gestation when admitted with problems in previous pregnancy! Well that's what im hoping anyway 2 in 24 hours and going home quickly sounds a much better option :)

It is daunting specially because even though my daughter was early we never had to be aeperated and only had a weeks stay because of her jaundice and my iron levels. I just hope baby comes out fighting fit and doesn't need extra help so we can go home And enjoy new year as a 4 rather than a 3 :) xx

I also had two, 24 hours apart, just went to the hospital, waited maybe 15 minutes then left.

Good-luck!

I've not heard of them doing so many before to be honest. With my 28 weeker nearly 3 years ago I had 2 24 hours apart while in the hospital during my 27th week. With my 29 weeker earlier this year I just came into the midwife clinic for two consecutive days as again it was once a day for 2 days. Had to wait 20 mins after having them in case of a reaction.

Hi ladies thanks for your advice, I was acty admitted to hospital last week anyway due to my waters dropping below 5cms and having preterm contractions so was put on bedrest. They did give me the steroids there so it was fine it must have changed since having my daughter as I only had 2 and they were 12 hours apart :) x

How far along are you now Jess? Thinking of you.

I'm 32 weeks 4 days now :)

I'm starting to have a bit of a panic Iv started anther thread but as this ones still going I'll ask on here too! I was woken by extreme lower cramps at 2am this morning like when you really need the toilet sort of cramps, I got up and tried moving around a bit but that didn't help they were timing at about 8 minutes apart, after about half an hour I went to the toilet and sorry for the tmi but it was explosive! So I put the cramps down to that and went back to bed, Iv woken up this morning and I'm still having milder cramps but the pain is also achey all through my back and hips! Do you think this could be onset of early labour or just a dodgy tummy? I'm panicked but don't want to rush straight back to L&D for fear of them re-admitting me until I give birth (not practical with littlen at home)

Thank you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->