Steroids home or hospital?

Jess.Taylor21

mum and expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

My consultant has decided that if our scan on Wednesday shows that baby still hasn't grown then they'll be delivering at 32/33 weeks. She said if that's the case Ill need to have steroids next Wednesday so they can start working asap, I had steroids with my daughter but I was already admitted in hospital so had them there, this time I'm at home and visiting the hospital for my scan and consultants will they admit me to have the steroids or give them to me to take home? I know that you have to have them 3 times a day for 3 days so I'm just worried as to whether I need to arrange for my daughter to be cared for whilst I'm admitted or not!

Thanks ladies xx

I was admitted for monitoring high blood pressure at 32+0. The steroids I was given were a series of 2 shots- each given 24 hours apart... (After 3 days I got to go home- they said the steroids were "just in case")

I don't know if they'll give them at home over here- seems like if you're at a point where they feel you need steroids, they'd keep you at the hospital to monitor? (Again, I know little about this!)

Yea I think it's all dependant on the final scan Wednesday, if they think they are likely to deliver baby at 32/33 weeks that's only a week and a half away so they may well just keep me in but I'm hoping baby can make it past Christmas at the very least!! I think I'm going to arrange childcare just incase Id hate for my littlen to be stuck at nursery not having a clue what's going on! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->