Still bleeding???

Panda_Ally

Reaction score
Its been nearly 9 weeks since bub was born and i'm still bleeding is this normal?? I went to the doc about it 2 weeks ago and she put me on anti-b's cos she said there might be some sort of infection. I stopped bleeding for about 4 days and then it started again (althought light) Is this still the after birth bleeding or could my periods be back already (or a bit of both)??? My placenta also broke as it came out so could there maybe still a bit up there and thats whats still bleeding??? I read in a couple of books that bleeding should last 6 weeks????HELP!!!

My bleeding paused for a week around 5 weeks then started up again, definitely not a period. It finally stoped around 8 weeks and a week later I got my first period. I could tell the difference. The period was normal heaviness (which was amazing given I'd only stopped bleeding a week before!) but the bleeding before it was more a dribble and more watery and more brown. It could be your period. Have you noted changes in colour during recent weeks? If you think it might still be post-partum bleeding I would return to your doctor as it could be that not everything came away and presumably this can cause infection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->