Still disappointed

I love your new found positivity hun!
Can't wait to hear this little bundle made his appearance! Do lets us know :)

Due date was yesterday, but no sign of him yet. I've resigned myself to a life of elasticized jeans and heartburn after drinking water (wtf??). This is who I am now, why fight it? :wacko:

lol I remember being overdue with Rhys being extremely jealous of people going into labour before me esp if they were due after me

I have a question for you ladies that are staying team yellow. I am looking at outfits to buy for the take home outfit and I can't seem to find the PERFECT girl outfit the boys I know will be easy but I am not able to pick a girl one. I think I am scared because this is my last chance to have a girl and I want it to be perfect. But it also scares me that I might not get to you use it? Is anyone else having this issue?

Being overdue can stink, but i find its all about the mindset. I went nearly 2 weeks over with #1 and once i switched my line of thinking, i really was not bothered one bit...though it bothered me that everyone kept asking when i would be induced even though i had no intentions of that (and i never did get induced-thank God!). But otherwise, i just viewed it as baby will be healthy and ready :D plus intervention can blow...so hang in there sweetie!

try4girl...purchase one boy outfit and one girl? :shrug:

That is what we are going to do I am just freaking out about the little girl outfit I want it to be perfect

I say splurge :D If you end up with a boy, at least you got to have some fun with girly clothes for once :D I would go all out and get the headband with a flower and a big frilly dress :blush: lol

I came to say two things

One, it is true that sometimes MIL's dont get the same attention that a mother would get. But if you are warm and open to your sons GF and you treat her like one of your own, I think that she will love you as much as she could love her own mom. I have had two very serious bf's, one lasted two years and the other is my OH now. the two year bf still lived with his mom so I got to spend lots of time with her. We would go shoe shopping and she would buy me clothes, we would do girly things together while my ex played video games or whatever he did. I honestly loved and still love her like she was another mother to me. My OH's mother is cold and distant and doesnt really talk to me much, shes also a bit judgemental and I have a very hard time bonding with her. I often mourn the loss of a second family when I think of my ex's mother.

I just wanted you to know that you seem like a very thoughtful person and I'm sure that any of your sons GF's will love you very much!

Also I have no had a child yet but I really, really, want a girl. I joined this board in anticipation of getting pregnant and maybe ending up with a boy, or just to read in advance to get some understanding of why I feel like I would be so disappointed if I had a boy. I've told people before and I always got the whole "Oh come on how could you say that!" so I've just stopped saying it altogether and I'm thankful that there is a place to talk about these things and hopefully not get judged. You're not alone, just remember that.

I hope that your DS2 is easy to care for so that you can be quicker to bond with him, good luck with everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->