Still getting sick regularly :-(

9jawife

Mom of one
Reaction score
I'll be 29 weeks on Saturday, and I'm still throwing up about once a week, always in the morning. I wake up slightly nauseous every day because I get so hungry during the night, so I have no way of knowing if it's just hunger nausea or if I'm going to get sick. I've determined I should just eat something very light (like a piece of fruit) and wait an hour so that if I do puke, it's not as horrendous as say, eggs and beans. :wacko: Anyone else still getting sick?

Hey hun, I'm a bit further along than you and not being sick anymore, just wanted to give a couple of bits of advice and see if I can help :) I was also being sick regularly up until about 27wks, nausea every morning and sick between 10-1 more days than not so I totally sympathise. It's a horrible thing to go through! :hugs:

A couple of things I would suggest that helped me, is try taking ginger root capsules before bed. You can get them online or in most health food shops. If you think it's hunger related make sure to have something carby for supper even if you aren't particularly hungry. In the morning try having a glass of cold water before eating anything to give your stomach time to wake up. Then stick to something plain, non fatty or acidic. I found that laying down on my right side after eating and gently rubbing the left side of my belly would help any nausea subside. Oh, and make sure to keep yourself cool! I usually hate being cold but I found that being in a hot room made me 10x more likely to be sick than if I was in a cool/cold room.

I hope I may have helped at least a little bit. Good luck! X

Hey Hun vomited 10-20 times a day until nearly 20 weeks then at least once a day since 24 weeks and still to this point every second day or so I will vomit...

Actually I think baby dropped yesterday morning with has been a godsend...

I keep "yo yos" next to my bed... They're a sweet but plain biscuit which I nibble on through the night to avoid morning sick feeling also they help with hb.

Also water... Drink lots of water or cordial on my sicker days helps more and keeps my sugars up.

Tbh I'm at the point where Neing sick doesnt even bother me anymore ... It's like a normal part of my day... Haha

I puked the entire 40 weeks with the last one and am doing the same with this one. It's just part of life now.

I am nearly 32 weeks and still having nausea every day. Vomit about once per week. Sometimes I wake up in the night with a stomach ache and have to get up and take some anti nausea medication so I can go back to sleep. At the start I found ginger root tablets were good too but they were not strong enough after a while. I'm glad there are other people out there that are experiencing the same thing....everyone i know claims they never had morning sickness this long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->