Still got milk??? 8 months later.

aliss

Reaction score
I am still milking :sick: and my last one weaned 8 MONTHS ago. Seriously, is this ever going to stop??? :shrug:

:( Nervous hearing that. When I'm finally done, I want to be freaking done. I imagine you're the same. If you're checking by squeezing, I would suggest stopping that for a good while. No one's going to touch my nipples for at least a year when the time comes. Don't want to confuse the poor girls.

I still had milk when I squeezed for about 10 months. Nothing now though.

You are probably going to hate me for saying this but some women never stop producing entirely:cry:. My mother still has a small let down when she hears a baby cry and I was her last and am now 36 years old. After I had my son twelve years ago I could still express a small amount up to my pregnancy with DD. Every one is different but it is good advise not to check by expressing because even that small stimulation can keep you producing.

idn't they used to give an injection to women after labor to dry them up? If that still exists, you could ask a doctor about it?

You are probably going to hate me for saying this but some women never stop producing entirely:cry:. My mother still has a small let down when she hears a baby cry and I was her last and am now 36 years old. After I had my son twelve years ago I could still express a small amount up to my pregnancy with DD. Every one is different but it is good advise not to check by expressing because even that small stimulation can keep you producing.

This is scary! But it reassures me in a way - I'll stop worrying that I am dry because my child still nurses to sleep and I can still squeeze milk out as long as I drink enough.

Oh geez!! Thanks :) Yah I might ask about that shot.

After my DS was born, we stopped breastfeeding at 8 months old, and I was able to express a small amount until I got pregnant with #2, when DS was 2 years old. I spoke to a lactation consultant who said that was normal!

I have not experienced that yet but I have read an article before about producing milk months after weaning and it says "Any time milk excessive milk production continues beyond 3-6 months after weaning, the woman should have a physical exam by a doctor." I hope this helps.

i expressed with DD1 until she was a month. i was still producing milk until i hit second trimester with DD2 (so when she was about a year old), then it dried up completely (possibly because i was pregnant!).

My son self weaned at 18 months. That was over three years ago and I can still hand express milk. I checked periodically a few months after he weaned and then didn't bother checking until few weeks ago and still there :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->