Still havent gained any weight

seattlemama

Mommy & Pregnant!!
Reaction score
I had my doc appt yesterday and everything is going well, baby has a nice strong heartbeat:) But I still havent gained any weight over my prepregnancy weight. Before I got pregnant I weighed 145, then at my 1st appt I weighed 143 then and the 2nd it was 142 and now I weigh 145 again. So I did gain a little back, but should I be worried? My doc says that I should start gaining more between now and my 20th week... But you know us first time mommys we worry about everything! What do you girls think??

I've gained so much weight ALREADY. I'd much rather gain nothing. I thought you were only meant to gain 1-2lbs a month anyway? You're probably just lucky!

When my weight was checked last month, i was at 139, which was 1 lb less then what I weighed before I got prego. Then yesterday I had another weigh in, and I'm at 147! :shock:
I guess it just takes a while for some people. As long as your baby is doing fine, you shouldn't worry. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Yea Im not complaining by any means! I just worry that that means that my body isnt doing what its supposed to or something. All my books I have read say that I should have gained between 5-10lbs by the end of month 4, 17wks. If there is nothing wrong with not gaining yet then I wont complain at all:)

I use to be 9 and half stone - im am 16 weeks now and weight 11 stone so i have put on a stone and half in 16 weeks which i think is allot already you can defo tell im pregnant with my big belly.

I have been feeling loads of flutters today at work at my desk cant wait till there more intease

Thats exciting that your feeling flutters! I cant wait:) I feel a little something every couple days but I dont know if its the baby or not. I dont think you have put on too much, its normal to have gained about 10lbs by 17 weeks... from what I have read.

:hugs:
Same thing with me, but I was overweight before I got pregnant. At my first appointment I weighed 178, then I went down to 176 for my 2nd appointment and last week I was only 2lbs up. They assured me its ok since the baby looks right for the gestational age.

I had my doc appt yesterday and everything is going well, baby has a nice strong heartbeat:) But I still havent gained any weight over my prepregnancy weight. Before I got pregnant I weighed 145, then at my 1st appt I weighed 143 then and the 2nd it was 142 and now I weigh 145 again. So I did gain a little back, but should I be worried? My doc says that I should start gaining more between now and my 20th week... But you know us first time mommys we worry about everything! What do you girls think??

i wouldnt worry about it too much==== its still early and a lot of people are too busy with morning sickness to gain anything-----those of us who didnt deal with morning sickness on the other hand--gained weight--- as long as doc isnt worried i wouldnt be--- and besides 2nd and 3rd tri is when most people gain

I've gained so much weight ALREADY. I'd much rather gain nothing. I thought you were only meant to gain 1-2lbs a month anyway? You're probably just lucky!

same here---- u might get lucky though and it could slow down in 2nd tri=== mine did ---big time---maybe cause i lost my hunger---lol---but thats been coming back lately but i'm not letting it get the best of me=== even though doc recommended 30lbs for me ---im going to be somewhere around 35-38 depending on how this tri goes

1st tri---18 1/2 pounds ---i think it was mostly cause i was so tired and couldnt do anything but eat and sleep

2nd tri--- 1/2 pound a month --got my energy back didnt sleep as much and tried to get a 20 min walk in each day --- course i've been lazy and havent worked out at all this pregnancy =----hopefully will get back in shape after my lil boy is born

last two weeks of 2nd tri--- 6-8 lbs (not sure til i get doc weight--friday) and then i start 3rd tri

that puts me up at close to 30lbs (26 weeks now) with another 11-14 weeks to go---hopefullly 3rd tri weight is more like 2nd tri for me than the 1st tri===

i ahve just started gaining weight, and io have only gained 4 pounds. so i dont think its anything to worry about yet. you're prolly just eating healthier now.

Hi Seattle Mama, I would not worry just yet as you are still early in your pregnancy. I was very sick in my first tri and beginning of my second tri. I've only recently started to put on serious weight which seems to be all baby. Your doc or midwife will alert you if something is wrong or seems out of the ordinary. Everyone is different.

I'm not gaining but I feel like I am because my tummy is pouched out. I'm sure it will catch up to me by 20 weeks lol!

i kept losing weight till i got to my 20th week and now its piled on! i have put around 2 stone on!

i lost a stone and a half with rhys and have already lost half a stone with this one.. everybody is different i guess

thanks guys:) I guess Im just worried because I didnt really have morning sickness or throw up at all. I did have nausea every now and then and food aversion so thats prob what it is. My doc hasnt really talked about the babys size or weight so I hope its where its supposed to be... But I havent had an ultrasound since 7 weeks and in that you could barely see anything but a sack with a peanut in it! I have my 20wk anatomy scan on Dec 12th, so Im keeping it in my prayers that everything is ok:)

SeattleMamma, your doc will probably start measuring your fondle (not sure if that's how u spell it) height in the next appointment, and your fondle height is suppose to match your pregnancy week...i.e. 20 cm = 20 weeks, 24 cm = 24 weeks.

So as long as you ae in the relative vicinity of those measurements your doc/midwife will tell you not to worry hun HTH

I think this is pretty normal, my prepregnancy weight was 115 but in the first trimester I went down to 110 due to really bad morning sickness but at around 15 or 16 weeks I started to gain the weight back so I wouldn't worry about it, you'll start putting on the pounds soon =]

I told my husband that its weird because this is the first time in my life I have actually wanted to gain weight!

i wouldnt worry too much everyone is different i got weighed on the 7th nov and ive gained a stone and im 33 weeks now ill prolly put more on the last couple weeks lol
although could be all the running around im doing after the kids lol

SeattleMom- Don't worry yet! I was 100 pounds when I got pregnant, lost a few pounds, gained about 5 back total by my second trimester... I wasn't throwing up hardly at all I had an appetite. I gained a LOT in my last trimester tho! I ended up gaining 40 lbs total, most in third trimester!!! My sister-in-law is very small too- she just had a baby and she didn't show AT ALL until almost 6 months, then started gaining a lot more baby weight. It's not that uncommon! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->