• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Still need help with spelling!

AllStar

Pregnant
Reaction score
We're having a little boy and plan to call him Jackson. I know it's getting quite popular but it's the only name we both love and love it's meaning and in our small town I don't know anyone called it so we're ok with that.

Thing is dh wants to spell it Jaxon so it's not 'Jacks, son' if you know what I mean and I'm not too sure.

We have our 3d scan soon as as soon as he's confirmed as being a boy lol we plan to finish setting up his room and I'd like to get his name out above the cot like we did for our other two so would like to decide for definite on spelling.

What do you ladies think?

Thanks

I have a Jack. :)

I tend to prefer traditional spellings. I had a name that I always had to spell and would want to pick the more common spelling for a child. I would definitely go with Jackson.

Jackson, definitely. Jaxon just looks trendy to me. But I'm in a different country, so that may be cultural.

People will spell it wrong all the time if you go for unusual spelling.

I prefer Jackson I think but also like Jaxson. Either way I'd keep the "-son" part. Just my thoughts :) I wouldn't worry about people mis-spelling though as nowadays lots of people use different spellings. It's just whatever you and OH like ;)

I prefer Jaxon. A girlfriend of mine spelled it Jaxen.

There are always going to be different ways to spell a name. Ashleigh, Ashley, Ashlee....Go with what you like.

If i didn't choose Jackson, I would go with Jaxson, but that's just me.

My sons name is Jaxon. So obviously I'd go with Jaxon.

Thanks so much ladies. I know it's a personal choice and a decision we have to make but your input is really appreciated.

Still not 100% but dh has definitely got me swaying towards Jaxon. His other argument is that it's different from the surname then. My name isn't crazy or weird but it is unusual and misspelt all the time and I've turned out ok so I'm not too bothered about that aspect :)

Thanks again for your help ladies, hoping we can decide for definite soon!

By the way Bartness, your Jaxon is beautiful! What a lovely photo.

Just my opinion but I think Jaxon seems like trying too hard to be 'cool' and spell Jackson in a 'unique' way. The original name is much nicer I think :)

I like both spellings, but one thing to consider is which nickname you prefer. I would think that a Jackson would prob have "Jack" as a nickname... and a child named Jaxon would prob have "Jax" as a nickname.

I like the suggestion of Jaxson best, I think. I absolutely LOVE Michael Jackson... but the first name "Jackson" just seems too Michael Jackson-y for me! lol

I like both spellings, but one thing to consider is which nickname you prefer. I would think that a Jackson would prob have "Jack" as a nickname... and a child named Jaxon would prob have "Jax" as a nickname.

I like the suggestion of Jaxson best, I think. I absolutely LOVE Michael Jackson... but the first name "Jackson" just seems too Michael Jackson-y for me! lol

The Michael Jackson thing is another thing my husband pointed out. I'd also prefer the nickname Jax to Jack but I don't dislike Jack and think that when he goes to school he'll get called either or both I guess!

Thank you for the compliment! We choose jaxon because oh flatvout refused to spell it Jackson. We do not use nicknames.

Just my opinion but I think Jaxon seems like trying too hard to be 'cool' and spell Jackson in a 'unique' way. The original name is much nicer I think :)

Well I guess that Im in the "trying too hard to be cool" category the same as Bartness as my son is Jaxon also.

We love it, it suits him and thats all that matters.

Well I guess that Im in the "trying too hard to be cool" category the same as Bartness as my son is Jaxon also.

We love it, it suits him and thats all that matters.

Like I said, just my opinion and not meant to offend. Also, I'm in the UK and what would be unique here may be a completely straightforward name somewhere like Australia

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->