Still no +OPK!!! help please!

Nicola27

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is my first month using OPK's and I'm really struggling to make sense of them

I have a 28 day cycle and so most calendars say i should ovulate on CD14 - yesterday.

I started OPKs on CD10, and did them at 4pm each day including today. I've had a faint line on all of them, yesterday's was a tiny bit darker, and then the one i've just done is def lighter again!

I'm really worried that i've not Ovulated yet because it means that my Luteal Phase is too short for implantation :( Is it possible that my OPK from yesterday (slightly darker but no where near as dark as control) was my "positive" and that maybe i just missed the surge?

I thought OPKs would make me feel more in control and less stressed, but all thy've done so far is make me think i have something wrong with me :(

Can anyone help or give me any advice, I'm feeling really low about it

it could be possible that you missed your surge and as long as you've been bding you're covered.

you may also just have a shorter lp- which is really considered no big deal unless it's shorter than 10 days.

if you don't/didn't catch your eggy this month, try testing more frequently- mid morning, afternoon, and evening. some ladies have a short surge- 12 hours or so- and need to use opks more often to catch it.

also, temping along with using opks really helped me understand my cycle and time bd better. i think it's worth trying. good luck!

thanks Bexxc, i have just bought some cheaper tests from ebay, so hopefully i will be able to test more frequently next month. we have been BD for sure, but i was trying to do SMEP this month as well, so without the +OPK I'm not able to do it properly :(

i know it's a big investment, but i liked the clear blue fertility monitor better than any of the opks. it took all the guess work out of it for me. since you're ttc #1 (like i was), you'll be able to use it next time too.

also, temping along with using opks really helped me understand my cycle and time bd better. i think it's worth trying. good luck!

yeah, i've been resisting buying the temp charting stuff, but it does sound like a good option when the OPK's aren't working for me

thanks x

basal thermometers are really pretty cheap and fertilityfriend.com has a free 3 month trial, so it won't cost much more than $8-10 :)

thanks for all your advice hun, i really appreciate it - i'm going to look into getting the clear blue fertility monitor xx

thanks for all your advice hun, i really appreciate it - i'm going to look into getting the clear blue fertility monitor xx

lots of people selling their cbf monitors on ebay for about half the price :)

silly question though.... on the website they say you get 7 strips to use with the monitor - but where do you get refills from?

nic you r like me im every 28 days but i only ovulated 10 days ago and tmi ive just wiped and the paper is tinge do opk at dinnertime and one before bedtime thats whats i did x

silly question though.... on the website they say you get 7 strips to use with the monitor - but where do you get refills from?

i bought my sticks for the monitor on the internet - can't recall the name of the website, but something home healthcare..... just googled cbfm test sticks, they are between 17-20 for 20sticks :) x

i usually buy them on amazon when i remember to order early enough, but you can find them in most drug stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->