Still not coping after MMC

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by KimmyLou, Dec 15, 2009.

1. KimmyLou

KimmyLou Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Firstly I want to say how sorry I am for everyones losses.
    I found out I had a MMC at 9 weeks. I partially miscarried naturally, but had an ERPC as not everything had come away. I have just had my first AF exactly 4 weeks after it.
    Right now though, I'm just not coping, my DH just expects me to be fine as he is ok. I have tried speaking to him and saying that I am finding things really difficult and he keeps saying 'we'll just have to try again!' I know this and I am desperate to try again but at the moment I am struggling to accept all of it. All I keep thinking is that I should be in the second trimester and not having my AF.
    I find myself flying off the handle one minute and crying the next. I have already spoken to my GP who hasnt been supportive and just told me I will get over it. I feel completely isolated and on my own.
    I am also terrified it will take another 3 1/2 years to get pregnant as thats how long it took with this one!
    Sorry about my post, I felt I had no one to speak to.
    Thanks, Kim xx

2. hannah76

hannah76 Well-Known Member

hi kim... it is a difficult thing to accept that we've lost our lo's for sure. i should be in my 2nd tri next week and i feel so cheated. sometimes when ppl try and be all positive i just want to tell them to shut up and let me greive too! you can talk to us on here, i know i can't talk to anyone irl either so its nice to have this site... take care x x x

3. veganmum2be

veganmum2be 1 Son two angels.

i know it is awful, and i know how you feel.
    i suggest you go to a differnt gp, they should be able to help you if you are really struggling to cope. xxx

4. shocker

shocker Well-Known Member

hey hun im sorry for your loss, i know the first af after mmc for me was half relief that my body was back to normal and half bitter and angry because i shouldve been pregnant still.My gp said similar to me the day i got the news and i havnt been back to him, the girls on here are much more supportive, if you would like to talk to someone over the phone the miscarriage association have a support line aswell.Hope your doing ok :hugs::hugs:

5. chachadada

chachadada pregnant after a loss

hey hun, i am so sorry for your loss, i'm having a shit one at the moment, I was having a good day, done a bit of shopping and was doing my wrapping and out of nowhere it hit me I would be 20 weeks today, tears are flooding my face as I write this, I thought I was doing well but right about now i'm in bits i just feel so lost and alone all over again and cant stop thinking about my little bean.
    sending lots of love to you, i feel your pain huni, I feel sad for all the woman that have gone through loosing a baby, I wouldn't wish the pain on my worst enemy.
    Time is a healer and we will all get there but will never forget.

x
    :hugs:

6. selina3127

selina3127 Well-Known Member

my oh was the same his answer was we can try again and this didn't help me one bit but when i actually sat him down and told him how i felt it worked and he also opened up to me too and now we are closer than ever and are ttc again now just had my first af this week, hope u feel better soon hun xxxxx

7. KimmyLou

KimmyLou Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your kind words, and again I am so sorry for your losses.
    I finally sat my DH down last night and told him outright how I was feeling, he said he had no idea I was so down and that he just assumed I was back on track. He has a couple of weeks off work over Christmas and said he would try to be as supportive as he could, which has made me feel a little better.
    I am going to give it a little more time, poss wait til after Christmas before deciding to see my GP again as I am hoping things will improve.
    Thanks again xx