Still testing pos 5 weeks after MC

P

pickle85

Hi All

Dont know if anyone can help, I found out at an 11 week US that id had a MMC at 6.5 weeks, instead of having D&C i opted for the medical management (pills to soften the cervix and eject the pregnancy)

This was nearly 5 weeks ago and im still testing positive, is this left over from before? or is it poss I could be PG again, we only had twice a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks in advance

I'm sorry for you loss Pickle. I hope you're doing okay. Do you think you actually expelled the tissue? Was there any significant clumps of tissue found on your pad or in the toilet? If not, you might need a D&C, especially after 5 wks, any remaining tissue can cause an infection. If you feel you expelled the tissue, it is possible to have gotten pregnant again. You really need to follow up with your doctor and get your Hcg levels checked. Best of luck sweety!

when i had my last mc which was 6 months ago now it took 6+ weeks to get a negative.

Sorry for you loss. Are they getting lighter or as dark (the test lines?)

Thankyou both for replying. I am in no doubt that I passed the tissue, i passed huge clots and lots of blood. I figured it was just the hcg showing up from before but I thought it seemed a long time, but I guess is it can take 6 weeks then that's ok. The lines don't seem to be lighter or darker to be honest!

I don't know what's normal, but I agree that maybe you should just check in with your doctor to get your levels checked. I can certainly understand not wanting to go through a d&c, but you don't want to take any chances for infection or worse. So sorry you're going through this :hugs:

Hi there,

Just wanted to share my experience with you. I had a D&C at the end of March and it took 6 weeks to test negative. You should talk to you doctor. Make sure that you have an u/s done to rule out any leftover tissue. Are you still bleeding? I bled on and off until I tested negative. I'm certain that I passed some leftover tissue about a week before the bleeding ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->