Still wearing diaper's at 6?

I printed out a calendar and made it really cute, now we are going to put a star on the accident free days. She loves the idea of rewarding hopefully that helps and ecourages her mother to do the same..

I dont think its good that she is still in nappies at 6!!
Maybe there is an underlying problem there. Has she been to the docs?? Or have you had words with the mother??? x

I printed out a calendar and made it really cute, now we are going to put a star on the accident free days. She loves the idea of rewarding hopefully that helps and ecourages her mother to do the same..

That sounds really good hun. x

x[/QUOTE]

Well because of the laziness another problem is that she has exzema and she has had it for years! Since she was 4. Bad hygene, laziness etc leads to exzemas, irritations. Kids are so much better without pull ups, its the best for their skin and their mentality, growing up, learning.[/QUOTE]

Can I just point out that exzema can be inherited, and something that justs occurs in children as their skin is different. It's not caused by bad hygiene or lazyness. (although bad hygiene can cause infections to the skin) My 6month old son has severe exzema and attends a dermatologist fornightly. My 5 year old has moderate exzema as you'll understand these misconceptions dont help and promote bullying. (sorry really passionate about this cos my son gets bullied from time to time for his skin)

As for bedwetting, my 5 year old son is an extreemly deep sleeper and also has accidents at bed time. He does not wear pull ups as personally I think its too late to put them on him now. But in hindsight if I had known he would still be wetting the bed at 5 I would have put them on at night, firstly to save him the embarrasement of being wet and secondly to save me on all the washing.

As for your step daughter, its your house your rules. If she is dry without a nappy at ure house then leave the pull up off.:hugs:

My son is nearly six and he wears nappys at night. He does have autism but the hospital told me not to push him untill he is 7 x

The Break up of this little Girl's parents relationship must have been devastating for her and she may need the Nappies as to some exxtent she may have regressed to babyhood, stick with it, change the Nappies when you have to but encourage her to use a toilet sometimes, ultimately, she isn't your child so it isn't your bussiness, if changing the nappies is too much for you tell your partner he has to change them.

Interesting post Babybobby...I kinda get the impression that you know something about the situation?

I agree that a change in parents' relationship can be among one of the top reasons a child can have bedwetting issues (things other than cases where the child is just sleeping too heavily to wake up I mean). There's a lot of reasons why it can occur and I think that's why people shouldn't make sweeping generalizations about kids who wet the bed...it's all very individual and so I think the approach and the solution is very individual as well.

:)

I'm a little confused, because in the Op you state the mother isn't lazy, but wants to 'baby' her daughter, yet later on you state she is lazy. It can't be both?

Ultimately, (and I am both a step parent and parent myself) it is none of your business if your SD lives with her Mother. Parenting is best between the parents and your husband seems to disagree with you here an dthinks his daughter should be wearing the pull ups at night. I fhe agreed with you, then that is a different situation, but as long as there is no welfare issue, you cannot control what happens when your step daughter is at home with her own Mother. Exczema is NOT cause dby bad hygene though, it is a skin problem. In fact, excessive bathing/showering worsens it.

It may well be that your SD is suffering from nocturnal enuresis. Suprisingly coomon and something like 1 in 11 9 year olds have it and still wet at night. It is also recognised that children can subconsciously controlt heir wetting n certain situations, so if your SD is aware that you disagree witht he pull ups it may be the case that she is able to be dry at night when with you, but not when at home with her Mother.

My stepson has nocturnal enuresis and whilst I don't really agree with the pull ups approach, it's not really my place to judge others who do use this method, especially if it causes less stress for the child. Perhaps the best course of action is to ask your husband to speak to his ex about seeing a doctor if his daughter hasn't already, although usually the medical profession will not do anything until the child is about 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->