Stimulating you baby in the womb!!

kaz982

Reaction score
i found out some usefull info on the net that you can infact stimulate your baby in the womb. they say that from week27 your baby is actually learning because this is when his brain is in full development. there is a limit to what you can do but you can stimulate your baby through sound, light and touch.

i never found talking to my baby very comfortable so iv gained a routine daily which i found also helped me bond more with my bump. sounds odd but every day i get a flash light and do an evan number of flashes on my stomach, then i start reading out loud to him whilst stroking and rubbing my belly. he then may get some idea that every time the torch is flashed its reading time and the stroking and rubbing helps to stimulate him more letting him know im reading to him. they say talking to your baby helps stimulate them and helps them learn your voice so it becomes soothing to them outside the womb, so reading for prolonged periods of time surelys gotta help!!!

Also if you have a cd you love and you play it to baby a lot in womb, when babys born if it becomes upset playin that CD can help settle baby!
(on my last one it was teh neighbours theme tune!)

Like the idea of the lights an flashin, not heard of that before, if dads round get him to read to!!! a way to help him bond before babys born!

I have actually found a prenatal education system online that is a band that straps around the bump and it plays various beats. I guess you change the lesson as your pregnancy progresses. I'm not sure if it's a gimmick or not and am a bit leery of trying it though. Has anyone else heard of it? I think it is just called 'prenatal education system'. Either way, I'm wondering if it would actually work or not. :dohh:

oooh thats interesting!! hmmmmmm......

Im starting to get some books together now to read to my bump :)

Hmm I'm not sure about the whole pre-natal education malarky, seems a bit gimmicky to me and yet another way to get us mums to part with our £. I think I'd save the money for a few extra nappies and stick to the old fashioned talking and singing methods (which I do alot and badly)!

Well, I haven't done any reading, but I do all the singing in the world when I am in the car..LOL. Poor LO, first words will probably be "shut up mommy".

Also if you have a cd you love and you play it to baby a lot in womb, when babys born if it becomes upset playin that CD can help settle baby!
(on my last one it was teh neighbours theme tune!)

Perhaps that explains why my first word was in fact "Neighbours" :rofl: No joke!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->